40,000 miles done with ALOT off autox and 1/4mile
grips like flyes on shit
nice feeling drivin it

the conclusion :
i have done everything with this clutch you should NOT do 2 a clutch
an STILL hangin on like a champ

ZZ
i will say GO for it !

mods: feel free 2 do alittle spell check... im danish :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
is this the HDSS act clutch, because i was looking into getting but heard after 30000 miles it was shot, also heard rumors about it warping the stock flywheel. i need a clutch bad, ive boiled it down to three, clutmasters, act, or exidy, the only one that looks worth it is the act but i cant find it cheaper than 250- thats like 50 dollars more than im willing to spend, especially if its only going 30000 miles

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those you heard this from.. did they EVEN have a ACT ??
but yes it is the HDSS and it grips nice ! all miles was done on a fidenza alu flywheel.. an still going strong !... so fuck what you heard an get one NOW ;)
have other friends driving it.. there are all real happy about it !.. but mine has done MOST miles and got the most beatting !

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had the hd-ss in my 91 hb with zc swap and drove it probally harder than most of you will. Mine was on the stock flywheel and I did not due the break in period at all. From the time it was installed to the time I took it out all I did was beat the piss out of it and mine lasted just under 2 years. Take that for what you will but it gets my vote as a great clutch.

B

·
0 Posts
ACT..... broken diaphragm fingers, Used center hubs, friction material that came unbonded from itself.....I digress, Not too many people have had problems with them and they work well(when they work). I had poor luck with the three I have owned(bought two and old car came with one.) I have since switched to Action Clutch and not one complaint since.

·
Registered
141 Posts
cool, yeah i havnt heard too many good things about ACT, i went with a exedy replacement and 8lb flywheel for the price of the ACT clutch kit

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for. That's probally why you got a whole clutch kit and flywheel for just the price of an ACT kit. Clutchmasters would be my #1 pic and ACT #2 Centerforce gets #3 and poo on exedy unless you get the expensive one. I blew mine apart in like 3 months.

·
0 Posts
i bought the ACT street-lite clutch and flywheel.. im just waiting to finish my engine before i can put them to the test... ill let you guys know my oppinon.. im pretty hard on clutchs too..

C

·
0 Posts
I have the six puck with heavy duty press. plate and street-lite flywheel. I love the set up but now aftear about 5 months I am haveing to replace my realse bearing. Don't no if who istallied screwed it up or if it just mest up. I will prob find out in about a week when my tranny gets dropped. But overall good set up to me

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I have ACT HDSS w/ Street lite Flywheel this is the second kit I bought personally "Two different Cars" I have never broke them in like I was supposed to just break them in like they always say "Break it in how you plan to use it" No problems on any of mine and I have even sprayed numerous 75 shots of Zex and never missed a beat! I would recomend them over many competitors! And as far as Price go I can get the whole HDSS kit for well under 250 considering I am a dealer :) Cost is about 200 for complete kit w/ everything :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts