Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not having a Honda anymore I had put up an add for my old turbo parts. Lo and behold someone offered me a running Del Sol for them. I've always kind of liked these cars and I wasn't going to turbo another D-series any time soon so I jumped on it.

She's super rough but for used intercooler, piping, blown turbo, and a cast manifold ... I'm really not going to complain.

It's an autotragic with a d16z6, it has some sort of aftermarket spring/strut combo on it. I haven't gotten in there to try to verify anything yet and ... a 5 lug conversion. Also most likely needs an axle replaced.

It has some mismatched 17s (one enkei and three more generic ones) which may have to go.

Also last but not least. The trunk lid is toast. I guess someone pried it open and cut the latch ... all of the latching mechanism stuff is gone so I may forgo getting a new trunk lid (since I'd have to replace the lid and all of the associated hardware to make the trunk close) and turn it into a mini ute.

Here she is in all of her banged up glory.

Needs some help but it runs and drives. Now I have a spare car if any of ours needs to go to the shop ... and it'll get way better gas mileage than the subaru.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice trade for sure. I had a Del Slo in Germany and absolutely loved it. Bike rack? Nah, just take the top off and stick the bike in the passenger seat. lol

Even though your trunk is boogered up and the car has a Candy Primer paint job, there's nothing I can't stand more on <2600 lb cars more than big ass wheels. 17s and up are just proportionally too much for such a small form factor and it really makes the car look like it came out of a tuner kid phone app.

Congrats on the acquisition!

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
An excellent swap for some old parts.
Do let us know how you get on, please.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
Someone locked their keys in the truck. Bust out a tail light to gain trunk access.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Coat that back end in rhino lining and ute that biotch, then drive it here so we can hoon it appropriately.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,309 Posts
Coat that back end in rhino lining and ute that biotch, then drive it here so we can hoon it appropriately.
this.

so. MUCH. THIS

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it begins

Had to happen sooner or later ... stupid shit box.

Went to take it into work this evening (Suby is still in the shop :pinch:). And the bastard won't start. Guess it's probably time for a tune up or something.

Ran fine the last few times I've decided to try to go somewhere. But this evening it decided it wasn't having it. Been sitting for about a three days.

Cranks strong, but not start. Guess I'll be elbow deep in this thing in the morning.

Currently I'm leaning towards a fuse or a relay of some sort. After the first few cranks I listened a bit and did not hear the fuel pump priming. So ... going to start there.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
The ute idea is cool but I like it as an option, not a permanent solution. I don't know how hard it is to replace that garnish panel, I was never able to remove the one I tried to but regardless another Honda in a dso members hands is a great thing.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
garnish panel is pretty easy to change

when you get it running, find the water drains for the roof and clean them out!

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
garnish panel is pretty easy to change

when you get it running, find the water drains for the roof and clean them out!
Managed to get it running, and changed the alternator and P/S belts.

It appears that the fuel pump won't prime more than once ... which I found odd. I went to turn it on just to check it ... and it primed. Then I turned the key off and tried again ... no prime. My Civic primed every time so that seems odd.

Jumped it and it started right up. Guess it's time to pull the top off and see about those drains.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That base blue colour it was originally is such a sweet colour.
Might get a single stage repaint in the same color. I like it too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.