Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Im rebuilding a D16A9, everything is good, just im having problems to find new genuine oil pump, even i asked to a japan supplier and honda japan dont make these anymore, any solution for this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, ive seen some D16a9 here with oil pumps failure, bearings of this engine are wear due lack oil , ive seen ACL make a high flow oil pump for D-series, what idk is if it will fit in D16A9 engines.

I checked on rockauto. not luck , just sell D16a6 oil pumps, i know it fits but A6 pumps make less pressure than A9 pumps.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Well if you want more drag on your crank for no reason, might as well use the pump that moves more liquid. :)

The ACL line of pumps are pretty decent from my experience so far. Made in Asia. But they seem to work pretty good. Used a few on some 4g63 engines which are known for oiling related failures, and so far so good!

Might want to port the pump and clean up the edges, etc. These ACL pumps are made at a lower level of quality than OEM for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just i want to use correct oil pump on that engine, anyway if people use A6 without problem i will have to use it too.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Have you taken the pump apart and measured the clearances? I've had 7 D16A1's apart and none of the pumps were even close to the wear limits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts