Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
If you get the Vitara and rod bearing set in the other post, you'll only need the mains and thrust bearings! Might I suggest an entire gasket kit too... Only $50/60 off Ebay!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get the Vitara and rod bearing set in the other post, you'll only need the mains and thrust bearings! Might I suggest an entire gasket kit too... Only $50/60 off Ebay!
what do u mean by entire gasket kit? I am already peicing a few gaskets together already...

·
Registered
164 Posts
You'll need a bottom end gasket kit for everything you have to take off. Then headgasket, intake manifold gasket, exhaust gasket. I cant remember what all comes in the bottom end gasket kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The gasket set is EXTREMELY important if you are building a motor. I used everyone gasket in the kit. You get valve seals, oil pan, oil pump, head gasket, exhaust mani gasket, im gasket... I used everything I had and I bought a set off ebay for $53 ish. if you're like me, you'll take off your exhaust mani and check things out or replace your im. so save the spares... their good to have.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gasket set is EXTREMELY important if you are building a motor. I used everyone gasket in the kit. You get valve seals, oil pan, oil pump, head gasket, exhaust mani gasket, im gasket... I used everything I had and I bought a set off ebay for $53 ish. if you're like me, you'll take off your exhaust mani and check things out or replace your im. so save the spares... their good to have.
cool, what brand where they? i DONT WANT no cheap gaskets.... Felpro or OEM for me

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
cool, what brand where they? i DONT WANT no cheap gaskets.... Felpro or OEM for me
i can tell you right now they are cheap gaskets, because they were only $53 for what sounds to be a head and block gasket kit. You cant buy an entire engine gasket kit from the dealer, nor oriellys or autozone.....you have to buy the head and block seperate.

You will definately need the block gasket kit, im not sure what mods your doing to your head, but i would reccommend at least some fresh stem seals for the valves.....

i got felpro gasket kits for both the head and block.

head kit was about $100 - $110 give or take (cant remember)

block kit was $70 give or take

from the dealer, a head kit is like $170 and a block kit is about $100

i reccommend felpro.....gaskets look like nice quality, the HG was even three layer steel :TU:

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna mod the head l8er, but I already have the intake gasket, valve colver gasket, oil pan gasket and exhaust mani gasket....

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
im gonna be using OEM Ishino gaskets all the way! I paid $200CAD for both sets, I wouldnt trust anything off ebay. I have heard good things about the felpro stuff as well. maybe ditch that shitty intake gasket and grab a Hondata one, its reusable anyways and you'll gain a couple of HP to boot

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gonna be using OEM Ishino gaskets all the way! I paid $200CAD for both sets, I wouldnt trust anything off ebay. I have heard good things about the felpro stuff as well. maybe ditch that shitty intake gasket and grab a Hondata one, its reusable anyways and you'll gain a couple of HP to boot
already got it ;)

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
not to thread jack, but would there be a substancial hp increase using a hondata IM gasket in a boosted app over a NA app?

thanks, and im not trying to thread jack, i just need a simple yes or no.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not to thread jack, but would there be a substancial hp increase using a hondata IM gasket in a boosted app over a NA app?

thanks, and im not trying to thread jack, i just need a simple yes or no.
I would think so... thank god I got one lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts