Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new bearings installed...
The only thing i did with the engine was doing a few turns by hand.

Removed the Girdle and notice the strange color... from what does it come from and is it ok?

cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt fire it up.
just give it a few turns by hand to check the notching - and thats why i took the girdle off.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
i think they are the low spots for the oil to sit in to lube the crank main's as they spin

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
i think they are the low spots for the oil to sit in to lube the crank main's as they spin
Thanks captain. Lol. I think he's talking about the greenish color of the bearing. Not the bearings inner oil guide.

What color was the assembly lube you used?

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
Thanks captain. Lol. I think he's talking about the greenish color of the bearing. Not the bearings inner oil guide.

What color was the assembly lube you used?
GREEN ok im crazy i seen no colors there, just bearings with black/brown oil in them

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Title is confusing because Honda uses colored bearings for tolerances. I see you discovered you lube is the culprit but for future reference if anyone is interested other than the black coating on the race bearings. There is no color code.
In addition all ACL bearings run looser specs than OE if you Plastigage ACL STD bearings you will see they will run loose at the wider end of the tolerance specified by Honda.
A looser engine makes more power but too loose spins bearings because the tolerance gap is too wide and oil does not flow well.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts