Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worked things out with the adjuster and finally got the crx to the bodyshop. im getting the whole car redone for what im getting for the front end damage. sunroof delete and spare tire well rust repair included.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Nice how much is it going to cost insurance to repair? I was rear ended in my 96 coupe and they are giving 3700 for the car and I bought a way cleaner 99 sedan for 4000 so I'm happy

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the payout is a bit over $2,000 only $1,900 to get the whole body restored.

I GOT DA HOOKUP !!!!

I actually missed out on 3 CRX shells cause the adjuster took 5 weeks to finally get to me. but im glad im getting my car fixed though its got a lot of ride left in it..

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Ya I wish I could fix mine cheap I would have kept it but the sedan is probably 10 times nicer with sunroof, cruise, better paint and painted fenders plus the 4 doors lol.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he said the value was surprisingly high on it. I told him to just get the estimate down to were its a bit under 80% of value. that way its not a total loss and ill take care of the rest of the cost.(his estimate was $3,000 for repair with OEM parts). he was able to get it down with non OEM parts. ill have money left over once the car is done...

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what screwed me up was cutting my left thumb so deep I needed surgery to reattach the tendon! so fixing the car became a better option than getting a shell. my arm is in a cast and my job wont let me return till doctor clears me. luckily I have like a months worth of vacation Time and sick time....

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This body shop is the worst. I dropped the car off early january and it's September and I'm still waiting. This idiot said the parts are hard to find and I easily found them at local salvage yards and some online. My brother brings him a ton of business so he got the dude to cut $500 off the price...

Oh yeah and my lawyer got me a settlement $5,780.00

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Sorry to hear that, one of my biggest pet peeves, taking something in to get work done, bring it home, it is not done. Hope they get you taken care of.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Right? I want mine that clean some day too. Still sucks about the shop.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
he said the value was surprisingly high on it. I told him to just get the estimate down to were its a bit under 80% of value. that way its not a total loss and ill take care of the rest of the cost.(his estimate was $3,000 for repair with OEM parts). he was able to get it down with non OEM parts. ill have money left over once the car is done...
my dude came out, lifted the car cover, deemed it totaled and left.

1100$ for a bumper, fender, headlight, and fog light.....USED.
1000$ just in labor. car was worth "less than the price of repair"

how did you get that lucky?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I hate to see accidents. However in some cases, it does work out better for people in the end. It does suck to have to go through a stressful time(esp for car enthusiasts), but yours looks nice man. Glad you are okay and the car wasn't too far gone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts