Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a lot of searching with many different options for the setup i am looking for. i want keep my ps and hopefully my ac. i bought a ac+ps compatible lovefab turbo manifold.
now my question is, should i have the cold side on the driver side or passenger side. if i have the cold side on the passenger side i don't think i am able to run anything bigger then a 2.5 inch down pipe.
would it be easier to have the cold side on the driver said which would allow me to run a 3 inch down pipe but i may have an issue for the intake part hitting the power steering pump.
what would you guy suggest be the best option here before i order my down pipe

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Is your car left or right hand drive.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just have it go 2.5-3 inch next to the compressor. You wont be able to tell the difference as long as the downpipe is not smaller than the turbo exhaust hole.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
The downpipe should be on the Drive side to keep ac. A 3inch dp will fit. Someone on here has done it.(speed.....) I did 2.25 because I didnt think 2.5 would fit at that time. I plan on remaking my downpipe because i messed up and the inside output is going to end up hanging to low or touching the dp.

Post pictures when you get stuff install. Tons of people are always looking for detail ac turbos

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome thanks. does anyone have overheating issues since the underhood temp is higher. ive seen some people remove ac just to reduce the under hood temp cause they had prob with over heating

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
awsome thanks. does anyone have overheating issues since the underhood temp is higher. ive seen some people remove ac just to reduce the under hood temp cause they had prob with over heating
my shit gets hot but nothing un tolerable, i have header wrap so its a lil smelly from getting warm in. I took a 2 hour drive to the dyno with AC on and it ran fine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my shit gets hot but nothing un tolerable, i have header wrap so its a lil smelly from getting warm in. I took a 2 hour drive to the dyno with AC on and it ran fine.
ok well idk if ima still keep ac or not cause i dont want it to overheat at all. i will do more searching i figure out what i should do

·
Registered
795 Posts
if any thing it could run the same or cooler since the ac fan will be on blowing air right over the turbo and down pipe i have had a bunch of a/c turbo set ups never over heated yet and so worth the tight ass fit lol

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
@Burton6431 Where does that dump go? Open or closed? Im trying to finish my setup up(in about 6month when the cash is right) kinda stuck on the wg tho

and to the op dont remove ac if its a street car your cry the that one day when for some reason it wants to be 105 and your only getting hot air from the windows.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Burton6431 Where does that dump go? Open or closed? Im trying to finish my setup up(in about 6month when the cash is right) kinda stuck on the wg tho

and to the op dont remove ac if its a street car your cry the that one day when for some reason it wants to be 105 and your only getting hot air from the windows.
sounds good. i will find out this summer how it goes. im also upgrading the radiator and fan. should i also get a high flow fan for the ac?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yes I would get some slim fans and wrap the ac lines so they don't melt or blow from all the heat. A slimmer fan will also make more room where you need it most. You could always try it in push mode and front mount the fan if there is Room

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I would get some slim fans and wrap the ac lines so they don't melt or blow from all the heat. A slimmer fan will also make more room where you need it most. You could always try it in push mode and front mount the fan if there is Room
ebay fans work good? if not any recommendations for a good brand? from the searching i found that a pull fan works alot better then a push fan.

its a weird question but could i have one pull fan on the radiator hooked to the oem fan switch then have a push fan in front of the radiator and have it hooked up to a switch to turn on if temps get to high? just an idea to have two fans just on the radiator plus the one on the ac side.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I would certainly try to keep the AC lines well away from the exhaust system and insulate them anywhere they get anything like close.

The std fan switch is thermostatically controlled so use that for both. Don't try to second guess Honda on this. They do good at the factory.

One real good compact pull fan should work OK. Search will tell you which brands are good.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
ebay fans work good? if not any recommendations for a good brand? from the searching i found that a pull fan works alot better then a push fan.

its a weird question but could i have one pull fan on the radiator hooked to the oem fan switch then have a push fan in front of the radiator and have it hooked up to a switch to turn on if temps get to high? just an idea to have two fans just on the radiator plus the one on the ac side.
Use only 1 fan 2 fans might block/mess up the flow. Mount them in the normal spot and you should be good.

A slim fan on the ac side clears up hell of a lot of space. there is about an inch with stock fan i got a pic if you want. and if your worried about under temp you could wire the ac fan to be on always. but header wrap will work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm currently trying to set something like this up... Even with a slim fan it seems like a tight fit (ramhorn), almost impossible actually.

I can see mounting it on the front side, but I'd have to bend the ac line outward a bit to fit it. Even then, it looks like I still need to push the condenser forward a bit, which means more bending and then I'm into intercooler area. Hm... Anybody got a ramhorn setup going right now?

Not to threadjack!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts