Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i've been lurking around this forums and finally decided to post since i recently bought a setup off ebay from someone. The seller says the manifold is ac compatible but he doesnt know if it will be with the turbo. Its a garrett t3 from a saab.

heres the pics.

i drive a 96 civic coupe ex d16y8

also if you guys could share some info with me about this turbo. $230 a deal? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
It should work, doesn't seem to be any different than any other 5 bolt T3 turbo on that manifold. I was killing time and saw that on ebay yesturday morning.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
almost looks like my manifold...but mine came from a turbonetics drag kit. and to the left of th4e manifold where it bolts to the head the flange,,, it should say DRAG? does yours? if so...I dunno about that working, I dont think mine has enough room, but not 100% and also the wastegate sittin on that one runner kinda sucks...thats why im looking into a new one somtime.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
well sweet, there ya go, the man says it works. but you donna have to run the cold side fo turbo towards the raditor...which I didnt wanan do, I dont wanan suck hot air from behind a radiator...so I have my exhuast going out that side. and turbo sucking from drivers side, and an a/c wont fit that way at all..my turbo is like 2mm from touching the frame.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yeap, the turbo with that manifold should be AC compatible. Now it's just really up to how you route your downpipe to clear the AC compressor or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, i love this forum lol. i just won the item yesterday probably will receive it next week. so how do you know if the turbo is oil or water cooled? i have no idea where all those oil lines and stuff go. but thats ok, more questions will come! thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw, AutoWorks i was the guy that emailed you asking for price on the manifold shipped to honolulu. but i seen this on ebay, seemed really cheap to me so i just picked it up. i will probably be switching to your manifold some time. after i get all of my parts together.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
wow, i love this forum lol. i just won the item yesterday probably will receive it next week. so how do you know if the turbo is oil or water cooled? i have no idea where all those oil lines and stuff go. but thats ok, more questions will come! thanks for the help guys.
SEARCH

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
THANK YOU
Honestly dude if you search and still can't find it, I will help you out but the question you are asking is pretty easily figured out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
And boost creep like a bitch.
boost creep has little to do with manifold design and a lot to do with wastegate setup.... Don't go giving the noobs bad info

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
boost creep has little to do with manifold design and a lot to do with wastegate setup.... Don't go giving the noobs bad info
thanks, i read that on the garrett website.

Effective methods of avoiding or eliminating boost creep include porting the internal Wastegates opening to allow more airflow out of the turbine, or to use an external Wastegates.

are the tial wastegates good enough to prevent that?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
^ Repped for searching. See how much better it is when you search?????

Exhaust gases like to take the path of minimum resistance. Boost creep usually happens when your internal gate doesn't open correctly or fully and thus the exhaust gas keeps going right through the exhaust. External gates usually prevent the problem completely, and porting the internal gate passage also helps. If you are going to run an internal gate, you should also make sure that your flapper is opening a full 90*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts