Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but I got a 88 rex with the original tranny... Im tryin to upgrade the clutch a act stage 2 or somethin else but im running into the problem where there are no clutches for my 88 tranny... now i found out that the 90-91 tranny have a difference of 12mm from 200mm spline to a 212mm spline on the 91's. My question is... do i have to only change out my 88 flywheel to a 90-91 to make this work... or do i have to replace both the tranny and flywheel to make it all come together correctly??

do it big den!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
That 21 spline tranny only works with 21 spline clutches
check 88-89 integra disks
Call up Action Clutch in LA they can upgrade almost any stock clutch

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You can do that w/ act you just have to order the one for a 88 they have them.. I just ordered one for a customer a couple of weeks ago for his..

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
berettagtz117 said:
You can do that w/ act you just have to order the one for a 88 they have them.. I just ordered one for a customer a couple of weeks ago for his..
Thanks man... ill probably do that then... hey... i see that u live in grand forks, nd... this wouldnt be mr. mcguire would it??? if so... this is brian... the guy that owns... well u know the red rex...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
D15VtecLessCr-x said:
Thanks man... ill probably do that then... hey... i see that u live in grand forks, nd... this wouldnt be mr. mcguire would it??? if so... this is brian... the guy that owns... well u know the red rex...
Ya this Kyle McGuire .. WHo are you now? Do you own the Red Crx on Base in 219 Dorm? If so I heard about your car.. We should hook up I have a racing team here "TENGOKU MOTORSPORTS" and I also work @ Team Electronics too other than base.. I think I saw your order @ work today about the JDM front end conversion that you want.. I can hook u up if this is the right person. I have a shop in east GrandForks that I own if your looking to get in with club and have a place to work on your car or be in with someone that can help you with anything you will need with cars :)...I do alot of engine swaps for people and get you the hook up on just about anything.. LMK and call me on my cell phone if you want.. 509-2306095 l8er, Kyle

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Hey man I tryed calling your phone today about that front end conversion.. I paged w/ teams number..

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
berettagtz117 said:
Hey man I tryed calling your phone today about that front end conversion.. I paged w/ teams number..
Yup thats mee... yea man... i just had my wisdom teeth pulled out on friday soo its like i havent been really answering any phone calls cuase i cant talk right ;-). but yea man.. that would be awesome if i can get in that club of yours!

I tried going to your work at Team Electronics... infact 2 times... both times I came early... but yea... ill hit u up on the celly... on the JDM front end conversion... i really want it!

thanks....kyle
Brian

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
D15VtecLessCr-x said:
Yup thats mee... yea man... i just had my wisdom teeth pulled out on friday soo its like i havent been really answering any phone calls cuase i cant talk right ;-). but yea man.. that would be awesome if i can get in that club of yours!

I tried going to your work at Team Electronics... infact 2 times... both times I came early... but yea... ill hit u up on the celly... on the JDM front end conversion... i really want it!

thanks....kyle
Brian
Alright man just let me know when you are better and we can talk about the club and all and see what you want to do for your car. I had a meeting the other night w/ the guys and I think my boy Aaron w/ the Prelude said he talked to you ? but Im not sure..

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, me and aaron did talk for alittle bit in the chow hall. I had just asked him where u worked at so that i can talk about the JDM conversion. But i am off tomorrow... are you workin at team electronics tomorrow... if so what time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts