Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What bore size do you recommend? std. .020 , .040 This will be a car use for commutes everyday!

What size rod/ main bearings also? Std. , .010 , .020 , .030

I am a newbie to Honda's. Give me some precise feedback....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
if you mustnt hone I wouldnt overbore

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
ALot more info needed.. Mileage, pics ect.. We have to have idea whether or not you will need bore or just rehone ect..

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^ WERD! What are you from Mississippi or something, j/k . You don't wan't to overbore unless you have. If you do .020 is good. You should be using std bearings, turning the crank isn't recommended.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please check the taper of the cylinder walls.
an easy way to do that is take a set of callepers and measure the bore on top. Then flip over the block and measure the bore on the bottom you'll need some calapers that have longer fingers on them because you need to measure the cylinder wall and getting in there with a normal calaper is impossible. If there is any taper I would hone the cylinders out. Or if there are any gouges in the walls or wear on one side. In my opinion I'd hone them out .020 and get oversized pistons and rings. Because then you are sure that they are right. You should not need any rod or main bearings unless you need your crankshaft ground. Use stock sized ones.

Good luck.

Also check if there is any mushroom or burr under where the cam rests if so your head is el fuckola ed If there was any warp or vibration in the head the steel cam will bounce and mush the aluminum head creating disasters. Just something else to check. :honda:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts