Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i expect to have problems with. I had a stock dx with the goofy dual point injection. I have the resistor pack already, but can anyone send me a link on how to wire it up? . Will there be any other issues with making this motor fit in place of the stocker? Also, what are some easy and cheap ways to squeeze a little bit more power out of it?. I think ill be swapping in an SI transmission as well, which will help out a bit as well im sure. Ill be using the stock exhaust for the time being which im sure will hurt high end output a bit.

Also, what parts will i be able to use on this motor? Im thinking about spark plugs, oil filters, fluid capacities, etc... I am completely new to this entire process so dont spare any info please.

Any info you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well being as im going to do somthing simular i would say awesome idea and i wish i new more umm ... as for power i would say you could always do what i plan and turbo it other then that i say ... good luck

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess we can scratch through this together...

found two problems so far...

the stock mounting point on the dx block on the pass side wont fit on the dohc zc... it hits a cam pulley.. it took quite a bit of grinding to get it to not hit the pulley. Also the lower bolt hole must be stretched out

other issue so far is that the crank pulleys dont interchange...

alt brackets are interchangable though it seems though they attach differently..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Are you sure you have a JDM or UDM DOHC ZC and not a 1st gen Integra motor? The real ZC motor will bolt right in no mods needed. The 86-89 Integra(D16a1) will not bolt in correctly and the Si tranny will not bolt to it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know much of anything.. it says ZC on the motor and is a dohc.... youve got me worried now though.. since the crank pulley on the new motor is smaller than my d15b2's is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts