Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have race my car a few times before, but I'm setting it up to be more competitive. I'm almost done with my current set and I have a few questions about it.

I was looking at getting a set of dot radials. With my current trans I don't have an lsd. So I would think that at this point it's almost pointless since I'd only do a one wheel burn out. But I've had a few people tell me that they avoid the water completely and just launch on cold radials and hook better then street tire. Since I'm going to be building a spare trans I have and won't have it together for a while, is it worth running these radials on the open diff or just wait till I get the new one in?

Also. I'm going to be using a chipped ecu which has a 2 set launch control in it. When you launch with a rev limiter do you dump the clutch when you launch or feather like you normally do? I have a pretty good idea on where I want to set it.

Last thing I want to know is in your personal opion. Is it better to run with no hood or the hood on the car. I would thing that less weight and allowing no heat in the engine bay would be better then the aero part of it right?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
get slicks man. if you dont want to break parts, get slicks.

i seemed to run faster without my hood but i never tried a back to back fair comparison, it would only take it off if my car was hot... i need to drive about an hour and a halfish to get to the track. it gets kind of heat soaked.

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
get slicks! a roasted tranny with wheel hop sucks.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
get slicks, they are easy on axle. the side wall acts like a rubber band type deal, sling shot. instead of a hard side wall instant grip/shock on axle/trans.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
yep, get slicks, less chance of wheel hop which tends to explode axles and spider gears.

With some front sway bar tuning you can get an even launch, just need about $.50 worth of washers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts