Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm about to do my axles on my 93 civic, any tips? if i can't get the axle nut off can i still get the axle out somehow to swap a new one in? and if so how?!

thanks

crap should prolly have put this in transmission forum

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok, listen close here. use a jack, keep the jackstands at there supporting locations, and put the nut on the ball joint to where the threads just start to come out of the nut. now put the jack under the nut and jack up the balljoint. just raise the balljoint a couple of inches. now tap on the balljoint. do not beat the hell out of it. you can all so put the jack under the arm, and put very little pressure on it, and hit the nut that is still on the balljoint, hit it like you are trying to drive the balljoint out, which you are. or go to harbor freight and spend 5 bucks for the balljoint separator. if you use the separator keep the nut on because you will crush the threads, this is using the clamp type separator. .

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done and done first time doin an axle, not to bad pretty easy just a bitch doing things byyourself sometimes lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna do the other one next weekend, on the driver side do i have to drain the tranny fluid? if so what is some good replacement fluid OEM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts