Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to do a mini me swap i now have a delsol 93 type s base model. which comes with a d15b7 and i have a d16y8 head and mani complete, i need to know what else i will be needing to complete my swap. i know i need the head gasket but which u recommend, im planning to stay all motor so higher the compression the better, what else i would need to activate my vtec is my sol wired for vtec or do i need to run any wires to my ecu harness?? also is that a good mini me swap or shouldve i went with the z6 head??

·
Registered
93 Posts
if your stickin to all motor, the y8 head is perfect cause of the close chambers, your gonna need a y8 timing belt and a y8 head gasket if you want to bump your compression up, and for the ecu your gonna want a p28, im not sure if your sol is wired up for vtec or not,, do some search, there are plenty of writes up on mini me's, you might need an adjustable cam gear to get the timing on, i heard that the timing will be off no matter what on any 1.5 blocks but i could be wrong,

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if your stickin to all motor, the y8 head is perfect cause of the close chambers, your gonna need a y8 timing belt and a y8 head gasket if you want to bump your compression up, and for the ecu your gonna want a p28, im not sure if your sol is wired up for vtec or not,, do some search, there are plenty of writes up on mini me's, you might need an adjustable cam gear to get the timing on, i heard that the timing will be off no matter what on any 1.5 blocks but i could be wrong,

good luck
thanks man, i need to get an aem adj, cam gear. does any one know how much HP will this set up have??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
:hammer: a dyno will

·
Registered
28 Posts
i heard the timing could be corrected more with an adjustable cam gear, but im not 100% sure. does anyone know if this is true??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts