Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Ok we started it and the rpm's went WAY up!
not sure what i'm going to do here, so does anyone know where i can find a GOOD write-up on this? or maybe someone who has done this chime in with some pics of this?
any help would be greatly appriceited!!!

Almost finished it, just need to know if anyone has had trouble pluging in their injectors?
Because when we went to plug them in they were too short! :confused:
Has anyone had this happen to them?

Also, can some please tell me what goes to the port that is right on the flange of the Y8 IM?
There's also a sensor we were unsure about...it's the one coming off the charcoal canister.

rep to all that help! thanks!

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's electrical tape and wire loom holding them together. If you remove it, you'll find that there's enough wire to plug them in.

I ran into this problem when I did my Y7/Y8 mini. I was going ot cut them and extend the wires, but then someone showed me that there's no need to cut anything.
sweet! i was hopeing that we wouldn't have to extend them

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensor your taliking about is the ONLY one I had to extend if you use the stock mounting point. Its the wires for the purge solenoid...
so what your saying is that you have to extend the wires? what about the vaccum source, where does that go?

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
there's electrical tape and wire loom holding them together. If you remove it, you'll find that there's enough wire to plug them in.

I ran into this problem when I did my Y7/Y8 mini. I was going ot cut them and extend the wires, but then someone showed me that there's no need to cut anything.

yeah pretty much...the only prob i had was gettin the TPS to reach and at the same time the sensor for the purge..but i think we just cut the more elctric tape and some fo the wire casing to get that extra length..didint ahve to extend anything

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
so what your saying is that you have to extend the wires? what about the vaccum source, where does that go?
i got an extended vac hose, placed it between the valve and that little filter looking thing. then routed it behind the manifold, bolting it to the fire wall. then i used the last port on the y8 IM as a vac source.

it kept me from having to cut any wires, but then again i did pull the entire harness apart and re-loomed/taped it.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got an extended vac hose, placed it between the valve and that little filter looking thing. then routed it behind the manifold, bolting it to the fire wall. then i used the last port on the y8 IM as a vac source. it kept me from having to cut any wires.
when you say "last port" which one is that?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
is it that little one on the back you mean?
no, i capped that one off. if you lay the line out, it will make more sense. i didn't put all the hoses back in there exact locations. just got extra hose to extend all of them.

let me try to explain again. as you look into the motor bay, this is the way i have it set-up left to right.

first port (front), fuel pressure. second (rear), pvc. third (rear), brake booster. last (front), purge sensor/valve/solenoid. capped off that other little nipple in the rear. <- i think that is right, i'll try to find a pic.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, i capped that one off. if you lay the line out, it will make more sense. i didn't put all the hoses back in there exact locations. just got extra hose to extend all of them.

let me try to explain again. as you look into the motor bay, this is the way i have it set-up left to right.

first port (front), fuel pressure. second (rear), pvc. third (rear), brake booster. last (front), purge sensor/valve. capped off that other little nipple in the rear. <- i think that is right, i'll try to find a pic.
ok, that sounds easy enough, but what about the port right on the flange of the manifold(pointed straight up)?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no, one line to the TB, then another line from the TB to the water line. they should go to the ports on the bottom of the TB.
ok, thanks a million! :)

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
Here's a pic and map of all the vacuum lines on a 96-98 Y8 IM...

1 - Fuel pressure regulator
2 - PCV
3 - EVAP solenoid (then on to the charcoal canister)
4 - Brake booster
5 - Cruise control

The 99 IM has an extra line in the middle of the flange for air injection. Hopefully, you're not runnin' a 99-00 IM.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts