Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybode give me some specs from the D16A8 engine?
Specs like : bore,stroke,hp,torque and so on. Because i don't think we've had the D16A8 here in the netherlands, and i've know this engine exists, but don't know nothing about it. We had the D16A9 and D16Z5 engine's here in europe.

And is this truly a D16A8 engine like the seller is telling?
This Ebay Item
It doesn't look like a Honda DOHC engine...

I hope somebody can answer my questions.

Greetings from the netherlands, Honda-Fanatic

T

·
0 Posts
wow thats a new one on me!!!

never heard of it before, but i find it strange how they call it a "EURO SPEC" engine
then they say it was imported from japan!! :p
makes ya think

·
Registered
643 Posts
Honda-Fanatic said:
Can anybode give me some specs from the D16A8 engine?
Specs like : bore,stroke,hp,torque and so on. Because i don't think we've had the D16A8 here in the netherlands, and i've know this engine exists, but don't know nothing about it. We had the D16A9 and D16Z5 engine's here in europe.

And is this truly a D16A8 engine like the seller is telling?
This Ebay Item
It doesn't look like a Honda DOHC engine...

I hope somebody can answer my questions.

Greetings from the netherlands, Honda-Fanatic
it's the same as the dohc zc minus the 4-2-1 header
and the diff valve cover

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic CX
8 Posts
D16A8

So your saying this engine is the same as a Zc?...I have the D16A8 in my civic and i don't know the specs on it either. If it is the same as a jdm zc how come the engine stamps are different?...Iv asked alot of questions about this engine and i can't seem to get any answers on it :S

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231902/5

Theres a link to the engine in my car take a look and see if thats the same one your talking about.

jay

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
The A8/9 engines came in the Rovers. Rover used honda engines for some period of time. And I am talking about cars not trucks. Rover were cars.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic CX
8 Posts
Some ppl say that some B16 parts will fit on a Zc/D16A8 Is this true?...anyone know?...also is zc parts and D16A8 parts interchangeable ...like im looking for cams for mine and i give them the D16A8 engine stamp and they have a hard time finding parts for it ...can i just tell them its a zc....?

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
98% of b-series parts are not interchangeable with any d-series (you can use modified ls rods and you can use ls valve springs if you modify a DOHC head). yes d16a8,d16a9,d16z5,zc are all basically the same engine. tell them it's for a zc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts