Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question with simple answer. Recently i did a head swap from a d16z6 to d16y8. Still got the same block though and my oil pressure switch leaked. When i started lookig into it i also noticed a bolt next to oil filter that seems like it may be leaking. Really dont know what bolt this is possibly need to replace. Can anyone explain to me what bolt this is.

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
freeze plug. shouldn't be leaking oil

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where would i be able to find this because iv tried searching and cant find any information on this piece.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a Y block?

That would be a 28mm coolant drain plug

90401-PR4-000 WASHER, SEALING (28MM)

Its a Z block. The pic i put it is from online but its the same set up. I looked at it and noticed it had ahit of a gap between the plug and the block. The 28mm is to big for it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked it up and found out its the block coolant drain plug. So no oil should be leaking from there.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If you haven't touched that plug before, it shouldn't really be leaking. The washer under it is quite thick and will not fail very easily. If it's an oil leak you're trying to plug, save your time and money, and leave that bolt well alone.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,459 Posts
Its a Z block. The pic i put it is from online but its the same set up. I looked at it and noticed it had ahit of a gap between the plug and the block. The 28mm is to big for it
Z6 blocks have the drain in front of the block, so we are still clueless WTF you are messing with.

·
4,471 Posts
Z6 blocks have the drain in front of the block, so we are still clueless WTF you are messing with.
don't know why I doubted you, but I went to look at my block to confirm. weird, wonder what op is talking about now. and I still call em freeze plugs lol

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I have a Z6, A6, ZC brown top, and DOHC ZC on engine stands around my garage. They all have the coolant drain plug on the front of the block.

They do have a smaller hole in that location for the fan switch, though.

With the VIN tag on the bottom left, I'm betting it's a late model Y-block.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Y Block - rear position

90001-PM3-003 BOLT, DRAIN PLUG (28MM)

Z block - front position

1.5 B7 block - front position

1.6 A6 block - front position

Notice a trend here?

if it dont fit, its the wrong part. Honda used the same drain plug on a ton of their engines

·
4,471 Posts
another op drive by. op should post pic of his block with the area hes confused with. op should also post pic of his engine code with a piece of paper nearby that has the day's date/op's screen name

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
WASHER, SEALING (16MM) 90443-PA5-000

Oil heat exchanger sealing plug. Older Z6's had them drilled from the factory. This would leak coolant not oil thou

1 - 20 of 20 Posts