Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Actually, the kit is legal, and if you add other smog legal parts, it will still be smog legal. For instance, the Greddy e-manage is smog legal, but so is Hondata. If you replace e-manage with a chipped Hondata ecu, would you not be smog legal?? That's the way I see it. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
GreyGoose said:
i know that the greddy turbo kit is only legal when you dont add an intercooler or bov, but would a smog place really check for that stuff? and do they actually know what makes the turbo legal or illegal?
CA=:fag:
what the hell does an intercooler or a bov have to do with smog:confused:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
According to the Greddy instruction manual If you alter the kit, or boost levels it will be for "off road use only". The fmic and bov should not effect smog issues.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00kickercivic said:
what the hell does an intercooler or a bov have to do with smog:confused:
i forgot where i read it(could be here though), but the greddy kit is only "legal" if you leave it the way it is...no ic, no bov, and no up the boost. im just wondering if the smog guys would know the difference as long as i have a carb sticker.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
upping the boost, and modification to the actual turbo, wastegate, downpipe, etc. will make it illegal. a bov and intercooler in no way alter the kit except modification to the intake pipe for the bov. if it's that much of a concern order another intake pipe to have for a spare.

·
Registered
286 Posts
theres a bunch of SMOG loving people on here..LoL..i ask the same question..like will the greddy kit be smog legal if i crank up the boots..i mean the smog place wont be checking to see if i'm boosting 4psi or 10psi but everyone just say as long as i leave it alone it will be fine..as soon as i change 1 thing on the kit it will not be..and i was like WTF...how will the smog reff know if its change or not..then they said even if i pass the visual inspection i wont pass the test..i was like..WoW..how does an IC effect my smog test if all the IC is a big fast pipin with vents in it..or the BOV all it do is vent the air and its before the TB..its like saying the AEM intake will not pass a smog test because u swap out the filter clamp for a better one or the filter for a k&n...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts