Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oke you guys, i just want some opinions from you if you don't mind.

I'm just bought an 1.6i 16V 4th gen civic SOHC (D16Z2 engine) that burns a lot of oil (> probally the valve seals).
And i have the civic i already drive with the D15B2 engine that uses almost no oil and no cooling liqued.. > the oil never comes half way between Min and Max on the dipstick (change oil and filter at 10.000 km)

So here is the issue, the D16Z2 had been overheated and had an new headgasket and the block is pretty dirty (oil?) and blowes lots of blue smoke out of the exhaust, and i have my D15B2.. In my opinion there are 2 options :

1 - Convert the D15B2 to MPFI with the items from the D16Z2
2 - dumb the D15B2 and try to fix the D16Z2

My personal opinion goes for option number 1.. i like the D15B2.. :) And i don't really trust the block of the D16Z2.. 1 because it had been overheated and who knows with further damage there is to the engine (like the head etc), and 2 the block is pretty dirty (oil etc?)... And i know my D15 runs just fine, it just has an crappy IM and ECU. (for power)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings Honda-Fanatic

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
dude blue smoke=engine gone.. personally i would stick wit the b2 just because it is actually mechanically sound.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my thought too. But maybe we going to pull the D16Z2 (equivelant to the D16A6???) apart, en find out what is causing the blue smoke. Hopefully the only thing that is damage'd on that engine are the valve seals because he has been overheated. And maybe i'll keep the block for a future rebuild instead of a futere rebuild of the D15B2.

Thanks for the answers!

Greetings Honda-Fanatic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts