Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres the deal i have a D15b sohc vtec and im using my greddy kit off of my previous D16Z6 engine. I blew the D16 i think when i turned the boost up to 10 psi and i was also driving the car everyday and i didnt tune the fuel and stuff. Is it safe to get it tuned and rund 10 psi daily on a stock D15B if not what woud you guyz reccommend? the Greddy kit is complete w/ emanage.And i also have a fmicso can i run this much lbs of boost daily driving and if possible squeeze 12psi out at the track

C

·
0 Posts
itll hold 10 psi on that lower cfm turbo no problem, but i would ditch th emanage in favor of a chipped ecu.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you mean by a chipped ecu? in mot familiar with this too much yet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
well since you have a z6 i am assuming you are OBD1 which means you can get your ECU (computer that runs your car) chipped with a program that will allow it to figure out a/f ratios, etc now that you will be boosting.

since you are OBD1, i am assuming, you can easily run uberdata.

matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can i get that done ?can i do it my self or does it require professional installation

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if you're prepared to sit back and do a LOT of reading and learning, you can do it yourself: www.pgmfi.org

otherwise, call up a reputable tuner and see what software they will do tunes on. Usually, hondata only, but some will do the free software like crome or uberdata, too.

C

·
0 Posts
xenocron sells complete ecus witha solid basemap ready to ride.

hit him up. i work with chris first hand, and will tell you his level of expertise is second to none.

·
Registered
332 Posts
phearable.net

jktuning.com

lots of people could burn you a basemap that would be better than emanage

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok on phearable.net which one will i need the 1st one or the 3rd one?? i have a D15B JDM vtec in a 94 civic ex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
how do i get in touch with xenocron? and which ecu would you preferr? And for my last question if i get the chipped ecu what else will i need to run my D15B at 10 psi??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts