Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone...i been reading this site for a while now and am posting finally...GREAT site by the way, well heres the thing, i have a 89 hatchy with the d16a6. i have a complete d16z6 thats sitting in my garage right now from my old car. my question is, would it be better to just boost the a6? do a mini-me then boost? or just boost the z6 and throw it in? if i were to use the z6 head on either block, i would do a small build on it since its off already. i plan to just use the greddy kit for smog reasons (CA:TD: ).

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would use the d16z6 and boost it Just my opinion... The greddy kit is a good turbo kit to start with I went [email protected] on my stock longblock d16z6 and greddy [email protected] using uberdata

·
Registered
280 Posts
^ not enough info. how many miles, whats compression like on each engine.

honestly, i would boost the a6. easier to tune.

matt

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96_civ said:
^ not enough info. how many miles, whats compression like on each engine.

honestly, i would boost the a6. easier to tune.

matt
well the a6 has about 120k with a new timing belt, waterpump, and valve adjustment. the z6 has about 100k, but since it is out, i could clean it up a bit. i had the compression checked on both engines and they were the same accross the board, but i forget the exact number...but it was good though.

would the greddy kit make more power on the z6 though?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Goose....im in the same boat bruh. im spending $1000 getting my a6 rebuilt, and i dont want to waste it. my goal is 200whp, but im not certain on what i want to do. Weve got some choices:
A6 turbo
Z6 turbo
Mini Me turbo...

im about to eeny meeny miny moe this shit! lol.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
88ED3 said:
Goose....im in the same boat bruh. im spending $1000 getting my a6 rebuilt, and i dont want to waste it. my goal is 200whp, but im not certain on what i want to do. Weve got some choices:
A6 turbo
Z6 turbo
Mini Me turbo...

im about to eeny meeny miny moe this shit! lol.
lol...seems like thats exactly what im going to have to do.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
like i said, my a6 is being rebuilt, so my plans are mini me turbo. first goal.....mini me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i will b d15b turbo soon. ill let u guys know how that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts