Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally getting back around to fixing my wagon.Giving the machinist the go ahead to go through the head tomorrow.
It's an z6 head, a6 block. using arp headstuds this time around.
I had (stupidly) tried just running the head before having it machined. When I put the head on it never really fell down on the dowel pins. I, in skipping around pretty much had to pull the head down onto the dowel pins using the studs.

So.... how tight should they fit? I pretty much know that they shouldn't be that tight. Is this common on mini me builds. I figure I'll run a mic around the dowels to make sure they're not out of round or some wierd crap like that.

·
Registered
89 CRX DX
214 Posts
just put ARP's in our a6 z6 mini me build had no problem the dowels u just screw in finger tight and when u torge the nuts down they will get tight....when u put them down the first time did u use the proper sequence and did u torge directly to 60 ft lbs or did u go from 20 lbs then to 40 lb then to 60 lb?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the dowel pins should be snug but when you set the head on the block it should sit right down on them with its own weight. not pulling the head down with the bolts thats not right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts