Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that ~10-10.5:1 compression is a good number to shoot for when going with a supercharger setup. I was wondering I have found an a6 block around here for ~$100 and was thinking about getting it freshened up and putting a rebuild z6 head on it for my 94' EX project.

is there any wiring differences when going a6/z6? in an obd1 ex? also, what oil, water pump, timing belt, head gasket and head bolts do I use?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
when you do this build replace all gasket with new OEM ones, the water pump uses honda bond, get a new timing belt (might as well) and the oil pump also uses honda bond...for head bolts, and rod bolts get arp studs and bolts for strength against things like head lift...

as for the compression plus supercharge, this is fine, but it is going to need a GOOD tune, the higher the compression the better numbers you can pull, however in trade off you need a better tune to resist detonation...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is which stuff to buy?

water pump/ oil pump = a6 right?

timing belt?
headgasket?
head bolts? I have a set of brand new arp bolts for a d16z6 sitting around

when putting on the head the only real difference is taking out the oil restrictor on the deck right?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh...

and what about crank pulley? the jrsc/z6 has 4 ribs and a d16a6 has a 3 rib system right? can I just use a d16z6 crank pulley on the a6?

·
Registered
934 Posts
oh...

and what about crank pulley? the jrsc/z6 has 4 ribs and a d16a6 has a 3 rib system right? can I just use a d16z6 crank pulley on the a6?
you can use the z6 pulley. make sure the alternator you has the same ribs on it. while you have the bottom end opened you might want to get some rods installed. tunertoys or eagles would work. last thing you want to do is hear your mini me go POP!:cussing:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think rods are needed since I will have no more than ~190whp. My crx has been at 224whp for almost 2yrs. although, murphys law says I mess a rod up.

·
Registered
934 Posts
its a good thing to have them, you have the block open anyways. if you can it will benifit you. at that point you can even squeeze a nice 60shot wet. you'll be over the 190 plus confident you dont blow it up. Also may want to invest on some ARP head studs! Its a good build!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts