Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have my d16a6 block all cleaned up and getting ready to paint it and hone it before i assemle it and make it a vtec. does anyone have any input on what pistons to use with this to make the most useable power, this will be in my daily driver so it needs to run on 89 or 91 just to fit my budget. Also if anyone has any tips or tricks about honing or just this build in general all input is welcome. thanks guys

W

·
0 Posts
depends on the power you want to achieve along with if your staying n/a or boosting it.

W

·
0 Posts
ryan89crx said:
if you are staying n/a, stick with the a6 pistons. they should bump the compression and make a peppy little motor
peppy----what a word lol...yea a6 in that motor is what 11:1 or around there

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
peppy----what a word lol...yea a6 in that motor is what 11:1 or around there
well the a6 and z6 blocks are basically identical...the difference is in the head and pistons. so an a6/z6 mini-me will be the same compression as a z6 with pm6 pistons

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i was planning on using the Y8 head gasket to boost the compression a bit, and im building it for N/A power. I was told that if i use the p28 ecu i would not have to convert obd at all is that true? and what transmission do you al recommend? Also can you buy a gasket kit for something like this or will i hvae to piece it all together?

W

·
0 Posts
i was to lazy to check compression cal. that why i said around there

W

·
0 Posts
are you really? whats your compression.....like with a compression gauge

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what gasket set should i use for this build the a6 gasket set and buy an additional y8 gasket or a z6 gasket set and buy an additional y8 head gasket

·
Registered
299 Posts
if you go to honda to get the gasket(which i recommend) the 92-00 d series head gaskets will all be the same... the converted the head gaskets for 92-95 to be multi-layer gaskets just like the 96-00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts