Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the SOHC ZC in my Integra is getting pretty tired and is burning a fair bit of oil so Im building a replacement engine for it.

I bought a brand new A6 cylinder head (complete), and had the cam reground (Int: 258* and .456" lift, Exh: 246* and .447" lift). Also did a little porting, so it should perform alright.

I picked up a D16A bottom end that has been rebuilt with P29 Pistons, and has only done about 10,000 miles since the rebuild. I dont see me taking it much further than 7500 RPM so I was just wondering if the stock rods will handle that on a daily basis? Its using stock rod bolts aswell, and for peace of mind I would like to run ARP rod bolts, but will I be able to install them with out taking apart the block to much?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
That will be fine with the rods. You can install the rod bolts without any trouble. You simply need to pull the pan, and flip the block upside down. It helps to have an engine stand, but if not, just place the block on some soft wood or plywood.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I revved my Z6 constantly to 8300 with stock rods, ARP bolts and PM7 pistons.
I recommend you leave the bolt installation for machine shop, and get BE's honed at the same time.

IMO 7500rpm is completely fine and safe with stock bolts. DOHC engines had revlimit of 7700rpm IIRC, same rods+bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts