Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am interesting if anyone done this?

How is with piston to deck hight? Like in D16A6 engine?

I am looking to put A6 forget pistons in my D16 block. The CR with these pistons in A6 engine shoulod be 11:1, but in my engine should be 11.8:1. That is good for NA setup.

I would like to use forged pistons and not OEM like P29 or PM7 pistons.

Do you guys know some other setup?

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
A6 pistons don't have the same valve reliefs. A6 have smaller valve and exhaust aren't at the same location. If you run stock cam you might have no problems at all, but I'm really not sure.

Forget pistons or forged ? Why not take D16Z or Y series ? they arleady have the right notches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Crower stage 3 cam.

So they should be a problem with valve size. Thanks! I have ferrea valves Intake 31mm and Exhaust 27mm.

So whitch pistons to get to have CR about 12:1 on z6 engine? And that there will be no problems with valve size.

Thanks!

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
exhaust avlev location aren't the as Z6 or Y, Maybe I could take a pic later and show you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah if you have a bigger cam you will hit pistons. i know for a fact cause it happened to me. i have a stage 2 comp cam. just like belette said the valve reliefs are not in the same position. if you compare them the a6 releifs are more towards the middle, and the z6 pistons, the reliefs actually are on the outside of the piston.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm sure there's more, but that's the only 11.5+:1 pistons I can think of right now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
my setup works so far, it has been clayed. I can say it is now an interference engine however.

setup:
d16y7 head (same combustion design as z6)
d16a6 srp pistons (149195) for a final c/r of around 9.6-9.8:1
y7/z6 piston to block deck: 0.000"
a6 piston to deck: 0.020" (in the hole)

the pistons sit .020" below the deck vs. stock which is flush with the deck, this probably helps a lot with clearances. Belette seems to know a lot about the y7/z6 chamber and is correct in saying the valves are different on the z6 head vs. the pm3 casting. The exhaust valves are totally opposite in their placement.

Oh i'm running a delta 272 cam as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.