Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been covered numerous times... but i have a a6 shortblock and im buying my friends z6 longblock for 100 bucks in great condition...

now the a6 shortblock i have has 2xx,xxx on it and cyl 2 and 4 has bad rings... i have been thinking of building one of the motors and i was wandering wich one is stronger of those 2...

i wanna hit the 300whp range ( its going to take me a while to get whatever motor i use to build ) but i have been thinking of the tunertoys rods and prolly vitara pistons t3/t4 .63/.48 ( i know thats prolly overkill but eh?? everyone keeps trying to convince me to use a 16g ) but idk if the 16g can push enough boost for 300whp

i was gonna boost my z1 but its gota bad headgasket so id rather just keep that as a backup motor incase one of em blows

im going for daily driven 200whp on the street and turn the boost up for 300-whatevers safe on the track...

anyone with suggestions would be great thanks to newb booster

·
Registered
489 Posts
build the a6 and send the z6 this way... if you're boosting, the curve will be smoother if you dont run vtec w/ boost... or so i've heard...

edit: just send the head to save on shipping...

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah.. whatever of the 2 im gonna use the vtec head.. cuz the a6 block is just the shortblock ( no head )

·
Registered
489 Posts
well, i got an a6 head here if interested...

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend has the head... hed give it to me.. but id rather just use my vtec head... i wanna get either the crower stage 2 turbo cam.. or might as well for the price go with the stage 3 race cam...

again like i said.. all of this is gonna take me a bit to get complete.. maybe 5-7 months but i wanna just get everything down on paper of whats gonna be put into it so i can have a figure to start at and work towards other just guess the whole way ... i think u guys understand what im trying to say

eh anyway.. ive always had a sohc vtec... the only time i didnt was when i wasted 500 on a twin cam zc THAT WAS SLOWER THAN MY VX ENGINE ( got timeslips to prove it )

anyway.. im getting off topic sorry... would it be safe to push 300-350 without getting sleeved???... thanks again for all the help... i dont really wanna blow anything up.. just wanna get it built/tuned right the first time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts