Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its goin between 500-1,500 rpm back and foward.Id put another iacv and nothing.My timing is good and the dizzy,rotor,cap & wires are good.Im running out of options.I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.Id unplug the 2 wires plug from iacv and i got a code.Then i put it back and no codes.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The lowest is 500 then goes right up to 1,500 rpm then goes back down to 500 rpm.Also id check for leaks with brake cleaner and nothing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Id check the fitv and whenever i put my finger in the car idle low which thats what i want.The tb gasket is fine.Can i replace the fitv or i have to get a whole tb?Also is making is noise like a supercharger (whistle).

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a problem.I just tryed to open it but the screws are f***ing tide.I can i find the fitv in any auto parts or is just a dealer part?

·
0 Posts
^^^^ exactly what u have to do

Theres a write up on Honda-Tech call like FITV Easy as 1....2.....3..... something like that, pictures and detailed steps to fixing your problem

I had ur exact problem but it was my throttle body gasket

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
I would suggest turning the idle screw as well. If the car is otherwise normal, and you turn up the idle too much via the screw, it will begin to "hunt" like that. The other cause of hunting is usually a vacuum leak.

Here's my super crx idle and tuneup formula:

new PCV valve
clean or replace rotor/distributor
new plugs/wires
clean the IACV
clean the throttle body
clean the fuel rail
replace fuel filter
replace injector o-rings
check grounding wires
sea-foam in the gas tank
clean O2 sensor
set timing/idle
set valve lash

All those little things add up to a smoother ride...on thier own, none of them are really difficult to do.

I've also seen some info on adjusting the TPS voltage, but havent done it yet, so I cant say if it'll help.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got fitv apart and everything looked ok.I cleaned it and out it back together and now my idel is really to 2300rpm and the idle screw is all the way in.What it could be wrong now?

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
be sure to reset the ECU...you can pull the 10amp "hazard" fuse in the box under the hood for about 30 seconds and that will do it.

I would also recommend pulling the throttle body and cleaning the hell out of it... you might be suprised to find a big chunk of dookey on the other end of the idle screw, heh!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I drove my car back home and it still doing the up and down sh*t.So id stop at the auto part and i picked up some vaccum hoses and id change the iacv to my old iacv and now idle like a brand new car.So i think i had a leak on the vaccum hoses but i could see it.THANX FOR THE HELP GUYS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts