Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing some research on a JG 301X camshaft and I find this page: http://www.overboost.com/print.asp?id=52
"On the stock cam, peak horsepower was [email protected] RPM, and peak torque was found to be 114 [email protected] RPM. After the JG 301x cam was installed, peak horsepower jumped to [email protected] RPM, and peak torque settled at [email protected] RPM. According to Honda, the bone-stock 1.6L mill churns out [email protected] and 100 ft-lbs @ 5000 rpm. (Measured at the wheel.)"

I found a horsepower calculater a few weeks ago and I got the same numbers, 140bhp and 108whp. So the A6 is actually 140bhp and the rated power is wheel horsepower? Sorry if this seems stupid, just the first time I've seen this information.

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what my understanding has always been. But those numbers match within a few tenths and it's just interesting, ya' know. Maybe they used the same calculator for their results?

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I imagine that a DC 4-2-1 and a generic short ram wouldn't be getting me to the same numbers? I'm confused now.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
besides, wheel dyno's aren't perfect... they're never the same between brands. All they're good for is seeing how much your HP has changed. The actual number is meaningless when compared to a number from another dyno.

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Eh, I'll just chalk it up to an interesting coincidence until I get the chance to actually get into my motor.

Here's another question I have, figures I might as well keep in this topic. The ass-dyno says that my car starts to really make power around 4k and pulls all the way up to 7k without really dropping off any. I also haven't done much research on this motor until now and I haven't been in any other EF Si's so I don't know how this really stacks up. Normal for an A6 with a DC header and short ram? Better yet, when would an A6 cam normally start to fall off if peak power is at 6200? Sorry if these are stupid questions. :neutral:

·
Banned
939 Posts
Yes, the 4k 'hello' is real. Must be what Vtec feels like, I've never driven one. It has always been right there regardless of modifications.

·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts