Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been argued many times but the master of dmotors himselft clearly stated that the a6/b7 heads flow the best out the dseries heads.

my ? is does the a6 head stock actually flow better than a z6 head stock. i cant afford to get a head worked on right now and i have both heads available to me so i want to know the best bang for buck option i have.

i know one advantage to the a6 heads is you can run a pretty nice camshaft due to the fact there is no vtec.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
what is VTEC????

just a cam change right, make the motor a little soft to be more streetable.

More wasted motion also, which robs HP.

Race motor = non VTEC.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transzex said:
what is VTEC????

just a cam change right, make the motor a little soft to be more streetable.

More wasted motion also, which robs HP.

Race motor = non VTEC.
if i was doing a straight race motor i would go d16a6 no doubt. but my ? is for a street/strip car with cam and ihe and some good tuning which car would benifit more.

for example on my p29 motor i was running a z6 head. if i had an a6 head would i have noticed a difference off the bat or do both heads need to be worked to notice the differecne in power.

i guess the only way to find out is to dyno the two motors. maybe another future dyno day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A6 the best flowing head??? Umm this is a new one to me. I was always under the impression that the Z6 and Y8 were up for that award.

Are the A6 valves not smaller as well???

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LittleredSi said:
A6 the best flowing head??? Umm this is a new one to me. I was always under the impression that the Z6 and Y8 were up for that award.

Are the A6 valves not smaller as well???
well i was told this by the master of dmotors bizi him self. i met both him a wil from exospeed at idrc races in phnx az this past yr.

although we were refering to worked heads. my ? is for realatively stock heads with a cam and ihe

·
Registered
05 Wrx
167 Posts
Smaller valves have higher intake velocity and lower engine speeds, so at lower rpms a smaller valve will flow better. So it is more of a question of intake velocity of the flow bench. But I do believe the A6 has the better flow characteristics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts