Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already bought an a6 cam, just wanted to know if I could get away with using the b2 cam gear or not.

Also, saw a thread on the MPFI conversion with an automatic. I pulled my intake/throttle body off a civic EX. Am I good to go as far as the trans cable?

thanks

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
As for the auto tranny, you need the pulley for the t-body off of a 90/91 AUTOMATIC EX sedan...I have one somewhere, but it'll be a bitch to find.

You can use the cam gear, its the same as the SI, but lining it up right is gonna be a BITCH.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Just use a Y7/Y8 cam gear and be done. IF you decide to use the stock cam, run it at the 1/2 tooth adavnced setting with the slushbox.

But don't expect any power above 6000 rpm.......

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a daily driven auto car. So with the shift points and normal driving, anything above 6000 is worthless to me anyways.

Where is the best place to get a y7/y8 gear?

Also, how do I dial in my cam without taking off the head and not using a degree wheel?

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
88cr-rex said:
Also, how do I dial in my cam without taking off the head and not using a degree wheel?
Educated guess?!?

Right now I guess I will go for rotor pointing at cylinder #1 and hope the valves are closed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The best Y7 gear in my opinion is an AEM. I had one on my civic it it worked great. I've heard good things about the ones form Rage too, but I am not sure if they make one for the Y7 or not.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
sohcnovtec said:
The best Y7 gear in my opinion is an AEM. I had one on my civic it it worked great. I've heard good things about the ones form Rage too, but I am not sure if they make one for the Y7 or not.
y7/y8 = same gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts