Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Del Sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im prepared for ridicule as long as it is followed by an answer. I'm thinking of trading my del sol for a super clean ef hatch. Thing is the A6 has had some work and i'm questioning it's reliability. Here all the details i have on the A6 build.

bored out to 1.9
OEM length eagle rods
wiesco low compression pistons
3 angle port&polish
skunk2 springs
skunk2 retainers
skunk2 cam
skunk2 valves

it's running at 7.9:1 compression

clearly is was being built for boost but the guy doesnt have money to finish the project. The motor has 4200 miles on it since the build. It was also re-sleeved idk what brand yet. I'm mainly worried about the driveability of that setup. i plan on swapping in the future but not for a while so can anyone throw in some input. Thank you

·
Registered
93 Del Sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what i was thinking i asked the guy about it and he swears up and down it is and says he has all the paper work to prove it.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
proof of said paper work. even then i call bs, either he got screwed or tryin real hard to play you like an idiot and screw you.....

·
Registered
93 Del Sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok talked to the guy said the cylinders were bored .30 over meaning 75.75mm with low comp pistons its at a 7.9:1 comp. i realise this will be significantly less power than the stock comp. (9:1) but what are some simple and fairly inexpensive adjustments i could make to the motor so it'd atleast perform par with stock?

·
Premium Member
my civic or my gsx
239 Posts
i agree completely with dude. sounds like this guy is really trying to screw someone, and for some reason he thinks you are the one.

·
Registered
93 Del Sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is he asking for the car???
trade for my b7 del slo the EF shell is clean and im gonna talk to the shop that did the build before i do the trade

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
yeah talk to the shop but this sounds really sketchy. I wouldnt waste my time with that guy or his hatch.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
even if its was bored out to 76mm it would be at 1633cc. even if it was bored to 76mm and could have a stroke of 100mm it would only be at around 1815cc.

·
Registered
93 Del Sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you all for your advice found a CRX sadly it has the dpfi b2...

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
how much for the crx? doesnt cost too much to convert to mpfi :TU: good job staying away from the other car. sounded bad from the git go good luck hope you get the rex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts