Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I currently have a d16a6 (non-vtec) block with a d16z6 (vtec) head. my head has a skunk2 stage 1 camshaft, stock-size ferrea valves, crower valve springs and ti retainers. the head was port-matched and polished too. i still use the stock pgm-fi intake manifold and throttle body. my a6 block is stock in every way. i daily drive this with an a/c and it works great. has the 'umph' i need too.

now i'm about to work on my bottom end since it's gotten to that milage already. i plan on dropping an aftermarket cp piston kit (stock 75mm bore, 11:1 ratio, 1.163" comp. height) and eagle rods. the mechanic that does my motor is unsure if this could still be daily driven. he's also cautious that the valves might hit the pistons.

so my question is, could i still drive this daily? can i use this 'mountain' of a piston with my camshaft or would the valves and piston make contact? or should i just rebuild the block with the stock pistons?

thank you all for the time. i hope you guys can shed some light on my problem.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If its a hiqh mileage motor you might consider a bore and hone.
Requires 75.5mm pistons. From you post it sounds like you want to use P29's.
This is a really good read, A6 block is very similar to Z6 block.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21761

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. that was a good read. but that thread focused more on head work and cam selection rather than what's relative to block work. the thread still did not answer my question... i do not plan to bore out my cylinders since i know that is a lot of work and is really hard to maintain.

i had just got my cylinders honed and had the cp pistons installed with the eagle rods, new bearings, rings and the lot... the block should be done in a couple of days...

we'll check the piston to valve clearance if it would hit or not. so far my mechanic thinks it would be alright, just that the gap between the piston and valves would be very small...

i hope everything would work out... :shocked:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts