Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my new hatch. 91 si. came with an a6 with new valves and the head is trimmed a little so its a little higher compresion.

i was going to sawp my jdm zc (sohc vtecc) in. but i didnt want to have to go thru all that emission shit and get kicked out.
chipped ecu came with the swap

this was my plan. i was just goin to leave the a6 block in and put the zc head on, run my vtec wire, and be gone

goal: reliable boosted dd. 8-10 lbs.

(either way the a6 block has to be in the car)

QUESTIONS.

1. would i be better off swapin the pistons and rods from the zc into the a6 block too?

2. which internals would be better for boosting? (crank/rods/pistons)

3. will either of these internals hold 8-10 daily.

4. if i do leave the a6 block as is and just throw the zc head on wont that retard the timing? 4.5 degrees i believe?

cant think of anything i left out right now... probally did soon as i think of it ill let you guys know.

Kind of a what route would you take thing. /best route.
Feedback please.

appriciate you guys help.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Everything revolves around how much power your looking to hit, then you base what your engine can handle and what your going to need to upgrade in order to meet that reliably. Stock rods are good for 200hp so if your looking to go over that upgrade your rods.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hp wise im lookin to get around 200-280. 3 ish.. if that. i just wanna be able to smash some type r's, some k20's, my friends b16. ect.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
where are you at? you shouldnt have any emmisions problems with the ZC motor and about 220 or so depending on the tune for stock rods

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
and i am in virginia. i was told i wouldnt pass emissions with a jdm motor. thats why i was goin to leave the a6 block.

220 tops for stock rods. thanks.
next question on that, are the zc rods stronger than the a6's

basically i have these two motors. and im tryin to make one beast. on 8-10 lbs ..

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
and i am in virginia. i was told i wouldnt pass emissions with a jdm motor. thats why i was goin to leave the a6 block.

220 tops for stock rods. thanks.
next question on that, are the zc rods stronger than the a6's

basically i have these two motors. and im tryin to make one beast. on 8-10 lbs ..
What emmisions in Va we dont have em unless thats some NOVA bullshit

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What emmisions in Va we dont have em unless thats some NOVA bullshit
yeah man. in manassas. every three years or some shit. people started passin' them by slamming their shit and they would just pass it, but then every one put it floor lifts/ floor jacks .

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ya man you'll be fine with the motor no need to switch it, us east coast guys dont have emission nazis like cale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts