Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been looking around for a new muffler to put on the hatch, but i want something really quiet but with a little better performance then the stock muffler, can anyone tell me where i could find something like this????
ive been looking at some of the magnaflow mufflers but in worried is gonna be too loud for what i want

thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
are you lookin for a whole exhaust set-up or just the muffler? i would go with the apexi world sport. i'll find a link for joo

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
i had a magnaflow on my d-series setup with a 24" resinator and it was pretty quiet and low.. i would do this setup on my h2b but im wanting something stock...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure if i wanna change the whole system if i do, a resonador is a must as well as a cat. i would like something with a little better flow but not loud at all

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is pure sex!!!!!

thanks man!!!!

rep foo u!!!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
A nice Really quiet twin loop. Or hell, a nice and quite stock. And just go with slightly bigger exhaust piping for your "performance"

"eww" comes from the fact that almost every after market exhaust comes with a tip the size of Florida

IMO Any muffler that makes more noise then stock (- Resonator) is NOT quiet

·
Registered
362 Posts
A nice Really quiet twin loop. Or hell, a nice and quite stock. And just go with slightly bigger exhaust piping for your "performance"

"eww" comes from the fact that almost every after market exhaust comes with a tip the size of Florida

IMO Any muffler that makes more noise then stock (- Resonator) is NOT quiet
this is very true. what if he went with some type of magnaflow or flowmaster muffler? i have a flowmaster 40 series with 2.25' piping and it's quiet, not ricey, and the tip isn't the size of florida, maybe the size of miami.

the fake twin loops sound like shit imo, so if he gets that i would go with the real thing

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I like my magnaflow's tone, but it was too loud sans cat and resonator. Now that i have a resonator it is quite wonderful.

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
this is very true. what if he went with some type of magnaflow or flowmaster muffler? i have a flowmaster 40 series with 2.25' piping and it's quiet, not ricey, and the tip isn't the size of florida, maybe the size of miami.

the fake twin loops sound like shit imo, so if he gets that i would go with the real thing
I have a friend with a flowmaster. Sounds great if you like

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZZ

Dunno about magnaflow

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a friend with a flowmaster. Sounds great if you like

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZZ

Dunno about magnaflow
:slap: god damn't, soooo true. probably why i'm changing mine.

i tried to rep joo again but it wouldn't let me... :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts