Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about a place that makes costume downpipe for turbos. I have a 93 Hatchback with a d16z6 with with a cast iron turbo manifold that is located right in the middle facing down and im gonna be using a moroso oil pan, this is so you guys have an idea of where my turbo is. Is a t3/t4 turbo with the exhaust flange of 4 bolt, the one that is like a circle. I already have the flange but I was wondering if there is a place that sells them already.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i think it would be easier to go to a muffler shop and have them fab one up.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Costume: a style of dress, including accessories and hairdos, esp. that peculiar to a nation, region, group, or historical period.

Custom: made specially for individual customers: custom shoes.

You should be able to go to your local exhaust shop and ask them to do it. Or you could get a friend with a welder and make it up yourself, thats what i did and i love it. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
there stuff is on a whole new level....and price range. btw their welding is pure sex:thehump:
I know but IMO dollar for dollar it verry reasonably priced for the quality of product you get. Just look at their other stuff. If i could do it again i would piece a kit together using parts from them, of couse still rocking the SSAC mani. :)

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
bmc race...thats where i got mine. granted its never been installed. but i have it :)

here is my downpipe they did...can't remember the price...its pretty nice...good welds all around :TU:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the chances of having someone make one that fits without having your stuff to mock up are slim. it will either hang too low, be too high, or just the completely wrong angle.

best bet is to take it to a muffler shop and have them weld one up for you. or send your stuff off to someone with the capabilities to make one

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Costume: a style of dress, including accessories and hairdos, esp. that peculiar to a nation, region, group, or historical period.

Custom: made specially for individual customers: custom shoes.

You should be able to go to your local exhaust shop and ask them to do it. Or you could get a friend with a welder and make it up yourself, thats what i did and i love it. Good luck either way.
Hi I'm Borat I love this country. I guess I don't have to tell you that I didn't do well on my spelling and i did worst on my gramar. LOL.
I had it right the first time I wrote it, then I changed it obviosly to the wrong answer.
Any how, I know a shop will be the best place to go, but I was wondering if there is a place that makes them so that I can check them out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What parts would I need to make one myself? I know I want it in stainless steel, but what types of angles should I buy, how many straights, ect.. where would be the best place to buy them and around how much would it cost me.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
What parts would I need to make one myself? I know I want it in stainless steel, but what types of angles should I buy, how many straights, ect.. where would be the best place to buy them and around how much would it cost me.
1 180* mandrel bend, a piece of flex, and a matching exhaust flange is about all you need

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 180* mandrel bend, a piece of flex, and a matching exhaust flange is about all you need
but do yo know what parts? How many bends and what type of bends, 90 degrees, 180 degrees ...., straights how many ect... Do I need the piece of flex or can I just use the the bolts that come with the springs just like the one it comes from factory? I think it would be easier not to mention cheaper, I think.

·
Registered
822 Posts
but do yo know what parts? How many bends and what type of bends, 90 degrees, 180 degrees ...., straights how many ect... Do I need the piece of flex or can I just use the the bolts that come with the springs just like the one it comes from factory? I think it would be easier not to mention cheaper, I think.
Dude... he just told you. You need 1 180° pipe, a bit of straight, a flex pipe, a flange for your turbo and a flange for your exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bmc race...thats where i got mine. granted its never been installed. but i have it :)

here is my downpipe they did...can't remember the price...its pretty nice...good welds all around :TU:

Can hardly see man, pictures are too dark, but thanks man anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts