Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got a few questions about clutches, first of all if im running a d15b vtec in an EF with a DX tranny and flywheel but its from a '90 wagon FWD.

my question is what clutch should i use? one for a 92-95 or one for a 90-91? im assuming that the clutch i buy is going to be for a 90-91 because it bolts up to the flywheel and that is 90-91 but i guess a bigger question is does it matter that i got it from a wagon?

im trying to order an excedy clutch and there is a choice between wagon or civic/crx. so im a bit confused. i was seeing this on nopionline.

now that im on the excedy topic, is this a good clutch it costs 270 plus change, and im able to spend 300+/- 50 or so, is there a better option i should go with for this money or an excedy nice? thanks alot.

omar

·
Registered
556 Posts
all 90-2000 clutches are the same diameter and spline count.so it doent matter which one u get.The only diffrence in the 2 clutch kits is the through out bearing.Exedy is a good clutch,but id go with ACT if u are ganna spend that much.Alot stiffer pedal.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nikkon said:
all 90-2000 clutches are the same diameter and spline count.so it doent matter which one u get.The only diffrence in the 2 clutch kits is the through out bearing.Exedy is a good clutch,but id go with ACT if u are ganna spend that much.Alot stiffer pedal.
I have to agree, for that kind of $ go with the ACT heavy duty kit. It will prep you for going to the next stage and still work for day to day

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
decided on an ACT extreme pressure plate with street disk... 338.00 shipped... thanks to everyone...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts