Some updates to the rebuild:
1. My local machinist finished adding the required inserts to the pulled head stud threads on my block.
2. While it is there, he is going to line bore the crankshaft main bores to straighten things up.
3. After he's done with that, I am sending the block to Jeff at CNCWerx to get CSS done. I'm crossing fingers hoping that this will provide more material for the head gasket to bond with, creating a better head gasket seal. We will see what happens on the current tune when I get it back together
4. Robgoof was the one who pointed out that my dilemma here
could be remedied by using D17 pistons. That was freaking awesome and the following were ordered in the 75.5mm offering, will be here tomorrow:
5. All other engine gaskets have also been ordered, as well as one of those thermal intake gaskets as I noticed intake temps were really high over the summer. Will hopefully help a bit to lower heat transfer to the intake.
6. New ARP head studs and ACL race main and rod bearings have been reordered.
7. I also opted to purchase a lower timing belt cover, since I lost my homemade timing mark indicator. A timing cover wasn't that much.
8. Need to go out and drain the 93 octane from the civic tank so it doesn't go bad, and fill up my truck with it.
9. I bought new Rotella T6 5w-40 and a filter, 2 new quarts of Torco MTF from Synchrotech, and 2 gallons of 50/50 premix coolant
10. Pull my injectors off the manifold, and get them cleaned/flow tested again. Also need to buy a one-way check valve to go between my fuel pressure regulator and the manifold, so that boost pressure doesn't push down on the diaphragm.
11. A new Cometic head gasket. Thickness will be determined once I get the block back from CSS and have time to figure out the quench distance using clay.
12. Wish list - These things will happen once the car is actually up and running again:
a) New camshaft of some kind with new valve springs to accompany. Need to rid the overlap created by the stock VTEC profile to make more power. Any cam recommendations within the $250-350 range?
b) Larger saturated injectors - looking at FIC 1000cc's. Kinda pricy, does anyone have any recommendations regarding decent injectors at a better price than FIC?