Honda D Series Forum banner
1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,161 ·
Brake controller installed to truck, verified all wiring to 7 way at bumper is sound, and has 12v (40A) and good ground back there too!

Automotive exterior Fixture Personal luxury car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Almost finished with heavy cable work for battery cutoff and alternator reroute. Cables made for interior switch:

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part

Automotive tire Crankset Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Wood

Alternator cable spliced, lugs crimped and soldered, and bolted through with nyloc nuts:

White Motor vehicle Light Hood Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Light Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Auto part

Rear cutoff switch cables made, run to battery positive, and lugs crimped, soldered and bolted to main cable run to front of car:

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Twig Door

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Light Automotive tail & brake light

Interior switch panel mounted back up to be wired in to main cable run, again the connections will be lugs crimped, soldered and bolted together, then covered with good heat shrink with the glue inside:

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Also finished running the inside fire suppression cable:

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

More to come! Had to take a break for lunch, starving and it is hot as balls outside with no shade or fan lol.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,873 Posts
Good God Almighty man it's hot outside!!! Take a water break! Or do like me, take the afternoon heat advisory break til about 6 and then go back at it.

Looks great!

Harbor Freight fan, sure it just feels like heat blowing at you, but at least its moving hahahaha.

Next track session is going to be awesome!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,837 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,837 Posts
bro, my face is sunburn and Ive been looking DOWN all day. cant wait till we can move into the home shop and wear shorts and be indoors lol

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 · (Edited)
For once, Australia seems to be the only country that's not sweltering.

London: on fire
Merca: on fire
Australia: -1°C
Its cheating, its winter there right now lmao. On a more serious note, it took me a while to realize southern hemisphere still used the month cycles as they are up here. I used to think for sure June here should have been December there (where the months just 180'd), but no. The artwork is just different, literal calendar designs that show june and july with snow on the ground hahaha. My brain took a minute to go "alright, whatever, I guess its OK... but I still protest this inside" lol

Facial expression Vertebrate Product Cartoon Organism

Some towns in OK and TX were over 115 degrees today (that's 46.1°canadian)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,168 ·
Heavy cable work done, and ziptied back into a tidy bundle. Cutoff switches work perfectly.

Got this far yesterday on new splitter. If Pikes Peak was my local track, I'd totally leave the splitter square like that and build some long as support cables lmao:

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Hood

But its not, so I traced the curve of the devsport and cut it out:

Wood Automotive tire Floor Flooring Wood stain

Going to build two, so I can have one on standby, also as a backup template if I ever need to build more.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,169 ·
Test fit the curved piece with devsport splitter removed:

Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Also pulled the car off the ramps to see where the splitter will ride:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Got the fender cooler flushed out, ready to get it branched into the cooling circuit:

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

She kinda looks good without the splitter!

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Current status of the interior with the cabling all tied up:

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Vehicle Car Plant Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Window

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,171 ·
Have you ever had this thing on 4 corner scales to check the balance? Be interesting to see f/r split and how close your L/R weights are with battery moved, and the weight of turbo and everything.
I have not, don't currently have access to a set of 4 corner scales. It would be cool to know the weight bias!

The closest thing I have access to is the dump lol, to check overall weight. I suppose I could drive forward for front wheels on, then slowly off with only rears on, and get an approximation of front to rear!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,174 ·
Wanted to bring awareness to this, firstly because its PCI and their stuff is awesome, 2nd because I'm eagerly awaiting a test fit of this in an EG that is supposed to happen soon and if all goes well cash is on standby lol, and 3rd its the cheapest direct bolt in replacement of its kind I've seen, is currently on sale and looks amazing!

Not sure what cars they will make this available for other cars, but I'd imagine they will for at least the vehicles they support on their site with their other primary components.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,175 ·
Continuing work on splitter, ran out of some hardware for making the cable ends so need to hit up hardware store.

Got it sanded down:
Table Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood

Mounted the winglets:
Furniture Table Wood Fashion Textile

Mounted the threaded inserts for the clevis:
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood Flooring

Outerwear Wood Neck Sleeve Dress shirt

Made the lengths of cabling:
Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Table

Building and test fitting the splitter side clevis:
Hand Finger Creative arts Wood Nickel

Hand Wood Finger Art Creative arts

Hand Table Wood Finger Thumb

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,176 ·
Lots of little things left to do still on the car before the event. Working out an issue with my oil cooler implementation, more details on that later when parts come in. But updates on the trailer!

It has been a crazy lead up to getting this trailer road legal. Investigating how to register a homemade trailer has been interesting, and getting it refurbished has been a pain lol.

Servicing all 4 wheel ends and bearings, redoing the electric brakes (new magnets), all new wiring and lighting, pressure washing it, etc.

Shoe Plant Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Clothing Jeans Automotive tire Helmet Sports gear

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Still need to do some repairs to the fenders, touch up paint, and get the aluminum diamond plate reinstalled after its inspected.

Got an appointment with the bureau of license and theft next week to get it inspected and registered, then I can get tags for it.

1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts