Honda D Series Forum banner
1041 - 1049 of 1049 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
Updates! Its been a while.

So I got the fake coils returned, gonna just head to a junkyard and find a set of real Denso's, for both the D17 as well as some kind of K series.

Grey car's D series head was dropped off at the machine shop, curious what they come up with.

Still very slowly troubleshooting Aero, to find its intermittent issue so it can be reliable. Once I figure that issue out, I'll probably build the frankenmotor at that time, take all good D series parts from both engines to build a solid daily that has 300whp lol. No flex fuel on that setup, for practicality reasons :)

B Series is slowly coming. I've figured out the valvetrain package, almost pulled the trigger on buying that yesterday but Wife's B-Day is coming up so I'll hold off lol. Still talking/considering/debating with @Soul Engineering about camshafts, there are so many possibilities. Pistons will be a Wiseco kit.

Company called Clemmons Speed Shop near me will balance the B series rotating assembly, but I'm waiting to drop it off until I can buy an ATI damper for it.

Started thinking about Hyperfest coming up, and didnt want to get caught in the "no proper passenger seating" conundrum again because I fully intend to give rides to more people than just my instructor, so I did go ahead and buy another PCI seat bracket and harness mount bracket, as well as another 5 point matching RJS harness:

Aircraft Aerospace manufacturer Vehicle Propeller Propeller

This weekend I'll get back on diagnosing Aero, really want that issue solved sooner than later.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,044 ·
still issues with the cooling system on aero?
No, now its got an intermittent cut out issue that occurs for about 5 seconds after 1 hour of driving lol.

Refurbed the main relay solder joints, and bypassed Aero's cool hidden fuel pump cutoff mechanism for troubleshooting purposes.

Drove it another hour, and it did it once, so its not fuel pump power/ground feed related, but could still be main relay related.

Need to set up some more tools and tests in different areas to try and catch the problem in the act. It might take quite a while to find due to how hard it is to actually have happen lol

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
938 Posts
Its likely the crank position sensor, scope it cold, then scope it hot, you will see the difference, it hits a max difference from cold to hot and shuts it down, but then allows it to restart, oddly enough this throws no code but ive dealt with this issue a number of times on various honda obd1 cars over the years.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
Its likely the crank position sensor, scope it cold, then scope it hot, you will see the difference, it hits a max difference from cold to hot and shuts it down, but then allows it to restart, oddly enough this throws no code but ive dealt with this issue a number of times on various honda obd1 cars over the years.
I will absolutely look at that. Does it just quit generating the required amplitude on the output once the mag pickup gets hot? Or maybe it opens and halts alltogether?

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
For the ATI balancer, we need to make sure it will clear the radius arm on Grey car. Innovative sells a special radius arm if it doesn't. Ran into this on the F2D swap. Had to run a chassis specific balancer on that car, now Innovative offers the alternate radius arm.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,049 ·
For the ATI balancer, we need to make sure it will clear the radius arm on Grey car. Innovative sells a special radius arm if it doesn't. Ran into this on the F2D swap. Had to run a chassis specific balancer on that car, now Innovative offers the alternate radius arm.
Interesting... if the ATI doesn't clear, looks like I'll be buying a radius arm lmao

1041 - 1049 of 1049 Posts