Honda D Series Forum banner
901 - 906 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #901 ·
View attachment 139817

So today, I got to see it in person! Took the obligatory ride along, and I must say, the hatchback rips and is much smoother than I thought it would be. Very fast, and I'm sure you had an amazing time taking this car around VIR, and for it to take an hour long ride one way and be none worse for the wear, I'm impressed.

Best quote of the day............ "Smells like Purell" .............lol

Great car man. I'm so glad you didn't give up on it. Tons and tons of hard work show out in this hot rod. I was super impressed!
I appreciate it man! Yours pulls like a bat out of hell, and sustains that all the way to the top, very solid power the entire rev range, super fun car! I can definitely see why its a mustang destroyer :)

I realized on the way home I forgot the spray gun and ECU lmao. When you head up my way some day, just text me and stop by or I can meet you somewhere with the goods!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
Most definitely man. Fall is upon us, so I'm thinking its gonna happen. Definitely love heading up to Hanging Rock, and then the old hideaway!

So........thoughts about Classic Honda's on the Dragon this weekend?!?!! It's their annual run up the tail of the Dragon. US 129. Think we'd make it if we caravanned?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
968 Posts

Got it figured out :)

So I did have spark, injector pulse and fuel pressure. Yet no fuel was entering cylinders lol.

Manually applying power and ground to the injectors with a 12v dewalt battery, barely any clicky clicky.

So i used the dewalt battery and quickly but manually pulsed the injectors, finally after about 15 seconds each of manic pulsing action they started to make their normal clicky clicky sound.

Guess the pintles were stuck shut from them sitting in relatively dried wd40 for almost 9 months lol.

Primed the pump manually, manually pulsed the injectors with the dewalt battery, and once the E85 rushed passed the pintles they really cleaned up and sounded excellent.

Aftet flooding the cylinders this way lol, i purged what I could then reinstalled everything. Left the injector harness unplugged, and attempted to start. She fired right up, ran on what fuel was in the cylinders, and died.

I verified the injectors were not leaking or stuck open. Reconnected the injector harness, recranked, and she stayed running on her own.
I'm thinking i've got the same issue with my wago at the moment, did you just have the injectors wired up to a momentary switch that you banged on and off until you heard them start to click? I'm thinking i'll pull the plugs, hook up 12v to the injectors with a momentary switch inline, build rail pressure, and bang the momentary switch and see if i can see/smell fuel in the cylinder.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
Gesture Font Material property Thumb Rectangle

Wire it up like this using a 12V cordless tool battery or power supply, then use your hand and tap the remaining disconnected wire to the power source rapidly with your hand lol. Super fancy!

The pintles started clicking shortly afterwards with clean fuel in the rail. If your pump is powered during this, you will flood the cylinders guaranteed :) evacuate them once you feel they are clean/working.

901 - 906 of 906 Posts