Honda D Series Forum banner

541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,785 Posts
might want to look into epoxy for that floor. its gonna suck if you spill onto that wood

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
might want to look into epoxy for that floor. its gonna suck if you spill onto that wood
I'm right there with you... the wood should be durable enough till I can get a chance to button up all the odds and ends of the rest of the building, but I'm actually going to be placing light gauge steel 4'x4' squares across the entire floor area, and an epoxy sealer to seal the edge gaps so oils and fluids can't get underneath.

I'll be placing grip tape and rubber matting on all the walking areas because a steel floor will probably be slippery, and probably screwing down some aluminum diamond plate along the leading doorway edge to keep the edge clean and dry and damage free.

Also got a bunch of fiberglass curtains for pretty cheap, I have an idea for a shop curtain and rod system to section off areas for welding and even painting!

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
The whole time I was pulling the car in, I was like "please let my math be right, please let my math be right!!".

My initial design was supposed to hold 3 times the weight of the civic in a 4x4' area before hitting the flex limits of my spans. It'll be alright.... lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,608 Posts
I'm right there with you... the wood should be durable enough till I can get a chance to button up all the odds and ends of the rest of the building, but I'm actually going to be placing light gauge steel 4'x4' squares across the entire floor area, and an epoxy sealer to seal the edge gaps so oils and fluids can't get underneath.

I'll be placing grip tape and rubber matting on all the walking areas because a steel floor will probably be slippery, and probably screwing down some aluminum diamond plate along the leading doorway edge to keep the edge clean and dry and damage free.

Also got a bunch of fiberglass curtains for pretty cheap, I have an idea for a shop curtain and rod system to section off areas for welding and even painting!
when I had a tempo wannabe garage I used 4x6' rubber cow mats as the floor ,worked great kept the grass out was durable and anti slip pretty cheap too 28 loonies each .
should be able to find those cheap in Merica

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
when I had a tempo wannabe garage I used 4x6' rubber cow mats as the floor ,worked great kept the grass out was durable and anti slip pretty cheap too 28 loonies each .
should be able to find those cheap in Merica
Dude, cow mats would be awesome. Didn't even think of that!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,785 Posts

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
Roof is done. I'm not usually the type to nitpick about stuff like this because I am function over form all the way, but I'm "slightly" pissed about this one lol.

All the shingle bundles were all labeled the same color of weathered grey, my order showed that I ordered 16 bundles of weathered grey, but 1/20th of my roof disagrees:

20210210_172842.jpg

20210210_172907.jpg

20210210_172924.jpg

I literally threw the bundles up and got them all installed in about 4 hours last weekend, and never even noticed this until they were all up lmao. A random corner on the left side and a strip through the fucking middle on the right side is "charcoal grey".

Ridgecap is on, and finished trimming the front and rear overhangs today. No more roof work!

541 - 554 of 554 Posts