Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here is a y7 piston and rod. Note the same rod stamp.

·
Registered
133 Posts
maybe this PAGE can be off some kind of help to someone. enjoy! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
for those that don't want to click on my link here you go:

All D-series engines of similar displacement have equal stroke lengths. Thus, the rod lengths are the same if the displacement is the same, with one exception. The VX rod is longer that the other 1.5L engines, approximately the same as the D16 engines. The D17 engines would have longer rods still, about 3mm longer than a D16 rod.
Here is a list of what I know so far:
* 88-95 DX/LX/CX all use a PM3 rod (134mm)
* 88-00 D16 motors use the same length rods, PM6 (137mm). The D16Z6 uses a PG6 rod and the D16Y5 (HX) uses a PE1, but they both superseed to PM6 rods. The only two rods that do not superseed from a PM6 is the P2P (D16Y8) and the PDN (GX motor).
* The VX rod is comparable to a 1.6L rod in length. The number for the VX rod is P07.
* Presumably, by looking at compression heights, the assumption is the D17A rods are ~140mm. Compression height is lower than 1.6 pistons ~3mm, deck height is similar from D16 to D17, and bore is equal. The D17A gets it's displacement from stroke.
* 1.7L rods are the same from DX to EX (PLM). The GX rod has a different number (PMS) but I believe it to be the same length as the PLM.

R

·
0 Posts
I think my D16A1 rods are a bit thicker. I'll probably take some pics and measure when I pull them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where do the JDM D15b rods fit in here? I have read that they are the same length as the D16 rods but have a different sized big end. Same as the VX rods?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts