Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my high flow cat (ebay), and ebay header w/ ceremaic coating.

You may say 1hp or something, but I can honestly feel the difference. It's alot quicker with throttle response I think.

I'm pretty sure my stock one was stopped up, i'm going to sell it, anyone know the prices?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just put on my high flow cat (ebay), and ebay header w/ ceremaic coating.

You may say 1hp or something, but I can honestly feel the difference. It's alot quicker with throttle response I think.

I'm pretty sure my stock one was stopped up, i'm going to sell it, anyone know the prices?
prolly 7-10whp

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you dont really gain anything more than 1hp. its just your power gets delivered differently now. so it feels different to you.
after the cat was welded though it got rough to shift into 5th? like they hit it or something.

idk

but yes indeed it does feel different. more torquey it seems like.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
A good intake/header/exhaust combo should gain about 8-12 HP roughly.

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh my bad, i thought it was just a cat you added. I kinda skimmed your post. Im guessing with a header back exhaust you got about 10 hp

nah i'm leaving the catback stock because i dont want it to be ricey. plus i cant afford an expensive catback and i dont want an ebay one that sounds like a trumpet

·
Registered
2004 Ram 5.7
1,013 Posts
You can upgrade your catback without being ricey. Just get a perforated core glasspack and a turbo style muffler to shut it up and look "stock-ish". It'll breathe better.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Get it tuned and you'll see gains. you don't really see any benefits or gains from boltons without a tune. Or at least you won't take advantage of what they offer.

·
Registered
1993 4 door civic
474 Posts
Get it tuned and you'll see gains. you don't really see any benefits or gains from boltons without a tune. Or at least you won't take advantage of what they offer.
True that! I just got a tune and it made such a big difference...

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
ehh dont get too excited about the tuning idea. you have to go obd1 and its a little expensive for the 5 horsepower its worth

1 - 18 of 18 Posts