Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up guys? I was going to be installing some pistons for higher compression I got from a friend but the height was above the short block, which I found out thankfully before the build was done.

So, I decided to just use the stock p2p rods and pistons, and send the head off to be milled .050" for ~11.5:1 c/r.. I'm also going to remove a layer from the 3 layer head gasket.. so does anyone have any input on this build? this is my friend rebuild so i'm making sure this will work properly before I jump into it.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm getting 11.3:1 from Zeal.

Would have been better to deck the block a bit (.010-.020) and take the rest off the head, but I imagine you'll be fine.

11.3:1 is kinda low for a "high compression" build... ;)

If you have an aggressive cam with this setup, you should probably clay it to be certain.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
You'd be better off doing a milling of both the block and head to meet your 0.050 goal. The extra .1 in compression you'd gain from the missing middle layer of the HG isn't worth it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting 11.3:1 from Zeal.

Would have been better to deck the block a bit (.010-.020) and take the rest off the head, but I imagine you'll be fine.

11.3:1 is kinda low for a "high compression" build... ;)

If you have an aggressive cam with this setup, you should probably clay it to be certain.
I'll be running a stock cam..

this is really just so I can get the CRX HF back on the road as a daily driver w/ ac.. the EJ8 is about to get 1.5 bar on a built b-series, so it's being caged and all that good stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts