Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, the D16 Teg has a friend to talk to.

My son bought this on Friday for the equivalent of 580 of your fine US dollars:-

It's a 1.6iLS - half a luxury version with genuine fake wood. Everything works and it has a test certificate until next January.

The mileage is believed genuine at 111,000 (it did only 94M in the last 12 months).

D16Y3.

He's already sourced coilovers for it, although it probably won't get lowered by much, and also has a TD04 ready.
I told him that he'd get 200bhp at the fly just by putting in the engine from the other new toy he bought last month:-

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one also looks a bit awkward, which is why we're wondering if to keep it looking pretty standard but give it a bit of lightly forced induction - although I've yet to be convinced that the Y3 will take a charge with stock internals.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, I think the the Y3 is equivalent to the A6 (not clear from the searches I've managed so far).

Can anyone confirm, please? It's a lot easier to get A6 info from this forum than Y3!

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
That's definitely an a6/b7 head and a strange looking car. What body is that from? Rover?

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a Civic MB6, I think, and was used as the basis for a Rover 416.
Plug ugly but makes a good cheap daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts