Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i am a n00b but i need your help. Sorry that my thread is kinda long.

I am putting together a d series motor that i will be boosting on. i had a z6 that was boosted but it spun a bearing.

i want to use a spare block i already have, it is a SOHC ZC block and i want to bolt the Z6 head to it, as far as i have heard the sohc block is identical to the A6 block, but i am not sure.

what ARPs should i buy, will Z6 ones work or not?

I am pretty sure that the timing belt can be used to from a Z6.

What oil pump to use. (i dont know what car this block came in) is it the same as A6??

also i know about taking the oil-jet out and i have searched about the mini-me deals, its just that there is not that much ZC/Z6 combos out there.

I am also planning to install PG6 rods (DOHC ZC) they are really beefy, with some Vitara pistons. is there anything i should know about the Vitara Pistons like what to look for when purchasing, should i go oversized?

thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
sohc non vtec zc = d16a6, so base your mini-me search on a6/z6 mini-me

a6 and z6 ARP headstuds are the same
use the z6 timing belt
use the a6 oil pump

as for the pg6 rods, dont waste your time. they are still the same strength as any other 1.6 rod. they may appear beefier, but are made of a different material than the newer 1.6 rods, and end up being the same strength. if you really want aftermarket rods, go to www.tunertoys.com and pick up a set of their h-beams

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thank you very much. i only heard rummons about the strength of the PG 6 rods, what makes them weeker? and the a6 rods are not that new any way would they be made from a newer alloy?

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Don't waste your time w/ the PG6 rods. If you plan to make any power go ahead and pick up some TT's. They're good for 300+ and don't cost alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts