Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here goes...i have my 4-channel amp and the 4-gauges that i have in the car hooked up to the remotoe wire to the head unit via a distrubution block..this is so that the lights on the gauges come on...as of right now there is no power wire going into the amp from the battery(i'm in the process of wiring it all up again) the thing is when i turn the keys the head unit comes on, but nothing else does...the remote wire goes into the block and 4-wires come out of it and this is how it was hooked up before and it worked fine, but i needed to replace part of the wiring..is there anything i need to check before going in and rewiring the whole thin(amp, all the gauges, speakers)?

·
Registered
721 Posts
why don't you just skip the distribution block for the remote wire and go right from the 12v source that comes on with your key...you can't have your remote wire wired right into a light source because you only use your lights at night, so when you turn on your lights I bet your amp turns on...just because its 4 channels doesn't mean shit either, 3 wires turn the amp on, power from the battery, the ground, and then the remote wire to turn the amp on when there is a 12v source. try wiring it into your accesory fuse, or if you have an extra wire on the back of your deck that you aren't using like the dimmer wire or something just use that, you don't need alot of juice, just enough to let the amp know its time to rock!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the remote wire goes into a block, then form the block it goes to a few other things..so should i just skip the block and run the remote right to the amp, and then the gauges on a completely separate thing?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
the remote wire goes into a block, then form the block it goes to a few other things..so should i just skip the block and run the remote right to the amp, and then the gauges on a completely separate thing?
yes

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
use a relay for everything other than whats going to the amp

check grounds

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
relay? how would that work for the gauges..i've decided i'm going to sell ALL of my car stereo stuff, i'n the car or not and just re-wire the gauges...

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
relay? how would that work for the gauges..i've decided i'm going to sell ALL of my car stereo stuff, i'n the car or not and just re-wire the gauges...
relay would be a high current switch for all your gauges. that remote wire has enough current to activate the turn on procedure for your amplifier and maybe a power antenna. its more efficient and easier to troubleshoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts