Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
Sound a lil risky don't ya think? i can't say it will work but if u reflect that why a lot of cars and good ones end up in the junkyard
so it's on your own risk!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Of course it works on older engines. You can even put some in the oil and it will clean that part of the engine too. My problem with it is how will this affect the 02 sensor or Cat Converter.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've heard that 8oz of acitone to 10 gal of gas lower emissions and cleans cumbustion chambers....no sure that I'd try it. I just put my d in about 1500 miles ago.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read ATF works too. That's a good point on the cat and o2. If you're really a savage you'd that them off :) . I take the o2 off when I use seafoam.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
ya this sounds iffy. Im sure it COULD work, but I wouldnt risk it. My roomate said that putting a bit of tranny fluid, let it run for a bit, then change the oil. This is just something I wouldnt want to risk, when you can go out and buy relatively cheap (especially to fixing broken/damaged parts) alternatives like STP

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
ryan89crx said:
ive heard brake fluid works well.

IMO id rather just run STP injector cleaner or something of that sort

sounds like a better idea to me than diesel fuel. the shit is very high in hexelene. hexelene is not very compressible at all. it'll lower your octane rating a lot.

on a side note. if you ever have to change a fuel filter in a diesel car, fill the filter up with atf instead of diesel fuel. works like a dream and also cleans the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I only have one thing to point out about this idea:

Regular pump gas id highly refined...

Diesel is a _BY-PRODUCT_ of the refining process. Now... do you want to be adding less refined (hence dirtier) fuel to your system to clean it??? sounds fishy for anything recent... This may be the case in like a 71 dodge with a 350 carbed or some BS... but not on a 90's model import... he's got a screw loose...

If u try to run diesel in a regular gas car it will "gum it up"

enuff said.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Why would anyone want to put anything other than gasoline into a gasoline engine? Use a better grade of fuel if you are concerned about the internals being dirty.

Diesel fuel: Measured by cetane, not octane. The heat from the high compression of the air is what is makes the fuel ignite when it is sprayed into the cylinder. Current diesel formulas creates plenty of soot, not something you'd want in your engine.

Hexalene? What is that?

Alcohol: Used to make water 'burn' through the combustion process. It's a cheapo way to remove water from a fuel tank. There are better products available for that problem. Not much of an issue as most auto fuel tanks have a drain plug.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Take off the air filter, use a spray bottle of water, and mist into the intake tube at about 2000rpm.

I see heads every day that have cracks in them (due to old ass iron+heat+stress=crack) and the chamber that was sucking water is always the cleanest. usually looking brand new! I remember reading, once, that the water dropletts soak into the carbon, boil, and the boiling of the dropletts is what breaks apart the carbon buildup. I'm going to be trying this very soon, and then I'll try some of the seafoam stuff to see if it's really worth doing. Good luck!
-josh-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts