Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading some of the stuff thats said and im learning a lot. But I still have questions. I have a d16y7 with the stock block I read that I could get 200hp with that, but I also heard that before you can get near that, you needed to upgrade your pistons is that true? And I am peicing together my turbo now but as I am looking around, I noticed a lot of fake parts like on ebay and stuff so I wanted to know where was a good place or places to get all the parts I needed like the turbo itself, intercooler, piping, wastegate and all that good stuff? My clutch slips to so with that amount of hp should I consider stage 1 LSD clutch? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
200whp = you don't need new internals (ARP headstuds and a new HG are a good idea tho..) I bought every part of my HMT kit from eBay (except for the stealthmode oil lines, and i had to get a downpipe welded up). The forums, eBay, and junkyards are your friends for a HMT kit... www.homemadeturbo.com

·
Registered
EJ8
845 Posts
anything above 220whp for peace of mind with me is when i would consider internals like pistons and rods and what not. u are fine below 220whp with a good tune. i hanged around forums and got parts cheap when they were on sale or group buy. check here, honda-tech.com, and turbod16.com for the classifieds and sponsors classified. i only bought 1 or 2 used parts for my setup. all other parts were new and cheaper than u think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts